Career Thread

What it says on the tin...
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Career Thread

Post by Midwinter »

I thought this might be an interesting thread if everyone posted what they do for their career. For those who are pre-career maybe you can post what you are attending school for.

I'll start it off.

I am an Analyst for Coca-Cola. I build reports, analyze data, and help with process improvement and project management to make sure the company stays successful and makes money. I do a lot of work in/with SQL, ASP, SAP, Visual Basic, Excel, Access, various other tools and software.

It pays the bills and can be rewarding when I am figuring out something new. Highly stressful, but most jobs are now a days!
Protobustersword
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Protobustersword »

I am a part-time Art instructor for the American School of Correspondence in Lansing, Illinois. I grade exams that High-school students from all over the world send in so that they'll have an extra credit(s). It's a very interesting experience in of itself.
Ravsieg
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ravsieg »

I'm part-time studying Chem Engineering at a 500-year old university and juggling it with something pretty similar to what I do for RadioSEGA: hosting a live, computerized quiz show for foreigner students late at night on an Erasmus bar. How further off could both be from each other? :P
Protobustersword
Level 2
Level 2

Ravsieg wrote:I'm part-time studying Chem Engineering at a 500-year old university and juggling it with something pretty similar to what I do for RadioSEGA: hosting a live, computerized quiz show for foreigner students late at night on an Erasmus bar. How further off could both be from each other? :P
So that's the RadioSEGA of foreigners. nice!
Ravsieg
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ravsieg »

Protobustersword wrote:So that's the RadioSEGA of foreigners. nice!
Well, I -am- a foreigner to you. XD
Protobustersword
Level 2
Level 2

Ravsieg wrote:Well, I -am- a foreigner to you. XD
Oh no! There i go again....I'm terribly sorry for that! I really didn't mean it like that! Honest!
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

Thanks for sharing both of you! They both sound really interesting!

Ravsieg - I was listening to your show's podcast on my way home from a business trip just yesterday. I appreciate your efforts to give me something enjoyable to listen to. :guitar:
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

My job is similar to yours midwinter, but swap SAP for Oracle.
Tic Tac, sir?
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

Killer French Bread wrote:My job is similar to yours midwinter, but swap SAP for Oracle.
Cool. I use Oracle Transportation Management to pull some data, but our inventory and warehousing systems are SAP.

Thanks for sharing!
Ryan the Game Master
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Ryan the Game Master »

I'm a freelance writer...with no work. :(

Until I make it, I'm surviving as a Walmart employee, which does wonders for my mental illnesses.

/sarcasm

Concept: "Mobius" is still alive. Check out the "new" area![HR][/HR]Help needed for Sonic fangame project. Artists, programmers, and modelers, mainly. If you are interested, message me.