Hyper's Quest: Mystic Warp

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
The Hypester

Hyper's Quest: Mystic Warp

Post by The Hypester »

I'm working on a Classic Sonic fangame that takes inspiration from games like Lost World and Robo-Blast 2. I'll leave a link to the first demo below.

Story: It revolves around my fan character, Hyper (don't mistake him for Super Sonic or else you'll get a spindash to the face lol. They're two different colors, y'know), who teams up with Sonic while exploring different places and running into Warp Pads. It's a bit hard to explain since I'm still working on the story, but that's the case in a nutshell.

Gameplay: Takes inspiration from Sonic Mania (Sonic's running style in Demo 2.0), Sonic Lost World (Hyper's double jump), Sonic Advance (sprites that I got from Deviantart and other places), and Sonic Robo Blast 2 (the jump dash). Speaking of the Jump Dash, it doesn't lock onto enemies at the moment (unfortunately, I don't know how to program that into the game).

It's being made with GameMaker 8.1 lite because I can't upgrade to Standard.

Demo 1.0 Download Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S53G00xJAMI
Tintin
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Tintin »

Sounds very interesting, I would like to try it once the project is complete.
The Hypester

Post by The Hypester »

Well, actually I've just finished the game. Same link as before, but the full game is there.
Adnmarks
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Adnmarks »

I went through the video it looks interesting, share your links once you have made your game successfully, thank you.
The Hypester

Post by The Hypester »

Actually, the game was far from successful. But it has been remade.
The Hypester

Post by The Hypester »

Goodness, it's been a while since I've replied to this.

Here it is: https://sonicfangameshq.com/forums/show ... -plus.115/