I present Studiopolis Zone for Winamp!

What it says on the tin...
Ineedmorcowbell
Level 1
Level 1

I present Studiopolis Zone for Winamp!

Post by Ineedmorcowbell »

Hey Eveyone! I am pretty new here, but I have been in the Discord for awhile and listening to Radio Sega on and off for a few years. But recently really started listening a lot since I would listen while streaming on Twitch making this:
The attachment screenshot.jpg is no longer available
Studiopolis Zone Skin for Winamp!
https://youtu.be/d34DZiBUKDk- here's a video tour!

I use Winamp all the time still, not just to listen to Radio Sega but all my music that is on my computer!
This project all started because of the Hornet Van in the stage lol I wanted to see it dance and went from there!
All the sprites used for this were completely redrawn from the debut, and other various gameplay videos. Aside from the Hornet Van dancing to the beat of the music. The projector shows different animations that also react to the beat of the music! I drew a few new frames of Dr Robotnik dancing to give him a few more varied moves. Also in the Main window has animated clouds that go across the sky, the Eggman director's chair is the volume, item boxes as play buttons, and those bouncy orbs that had stars on them open the windows! Even though they looks like one, the main window, Equalizor, and Playlist can separate.
The microphone badnik is used as the eq bands in the Equalizor window.
The playlist can stretch all over with animated lights.
I spent a huge amount of time on this and wanted to share it here first since I listened to Radio Sega for the majority of the production while streaming! I even got a couple people to sign up so they could request their own songs too lol
There is also a "Tips" window if you right click anywhere just in cast you get confused with anything.

Here's a link the my website where you can download both the skin and Winamp in case you need it!
http://www.Ineedmorcowbell.com/download ... namp-skin/
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

The interface itself looks snazzy. Like how it's built around the Hornet truck too. Nice work there!
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Key
Level 3
Level 3
Preferred pronouns: he/she/they

Post by Key »

Ooh, that's pretty baller, nice work! :D
Image Image Image
GreenViper8
Administrator
Administrator
Preferred pronouns: he/him

Post by GreenViper8 »

Been messing with this for a few days now. Really love the skin. Would recommend anyone who uses Winamp to get this. And if you don't have Winamp, WHY NOT?!
:SEGA:
Ineedmorcowbell
Level 1
Level 1

Twinny wrote:The interface itself looks snazzy. Like how it's built around the Hornet truck too. Nice work there!
Thanks! :) The Hornet Truck was the initial reason for making the skin to begin with lol
Ink wrote:Ooh, that's pretty baller, nice work! :D
Thank you!
GreenViper8 wrote:Been messing with this for a few days now. Really love the skin. Would recommend anyone who uses Winamp to get this. And if you don't have Winamp, WHY NOT?!
I am glad you love it! Winamp has always been my favorite audio player, it's just a great program!
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Any chance you'll do more for the new Zones Mania will introduce, like Mirage Saloon?
Ineedmorcowbell
Level 1
Level 1

It's possible! Now that I have the knowledge of it fresh in my memory, unlike when I first started, it should be a lot easier. But I think I might wait till the game is released to rip the sprites and use them. To redraw everything took by far the longest time! As an example, I could probably churn out one skin in 2 days by using sprite sheets of the old games, maybe a week tops if I add any custom work. And that isn't solid time either, that would be at my leisure!
Mick
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mick »

I remember Winamp well. That is quite impressive! I used Winamp when I had a computer that ran on Windows OS. I'd totally use that skin if I was still using a Windows OS computer.