Still Dead, Huh?

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Still Dead, Huh?

Post by Kaito-kun »

Site's still dead, I see.

A dozen posts in the 6 months since I last logged in? It's a tad embarrassing.

What are the staff doing to fix that?

Even the hosts don't bother updating their own threads.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Apparently most the fourm members have migrated to the Discord channel. Which sucks, but a community is still a community.
GreenViper8
Administrator
Administrator
Preferred pronouns: he/him

Post by GreenViper8 »

I definitely agree that host's need to do more to keep the forum active, however, most of the Forum side of the community has moved onto the Discord channel, or left the site and moved on in general, which is a tad saddening, as there shouldn't be a community in one place, but site wide.

I try my best to occasionally post every now and then, but many of the new hosts barely touch the Forums which is something that should be looked into. Nothing wrong with keeping all forms of communication active, even if people claim they're "dead".
:SEGA:
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

GreenViper8 wrote:I definitely agree that host's need to do more to keep the forum active, however, most of the Forum side of the community has moved onto the Discord channel, or left the site and moved on in general, which is a tad saddening, as there shouldn't be a community in one place, but site wide.

I try my best to occasionally post every now and then, but many of the new hosts barely touch the Forums which is something that should be looked into. Nothing wrong with keeping all forms of communication active, even if people claim they're "dead".
I don't know you, but I like you already. You seem the sensible sort.
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

Kaito-kun wrote:Site's still dead, I see.

A dozen posts in the 6 months since I last logged in? It's a tad embarrassing.

What are the staff doing to fix that?

Even the hosts don't bother updating their own threads.
I have no idea besides actually getting people to use it. I guess with the advent of Facebook and Twitter, people crave instant responses and so forums are too slow nowadays.

Asking the show hosts to post here might help, but only time will tell.

I'm hoping to login here more often. It's about time I got my life priorities sorted out.
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I've returned after a while and I would agree with Kaito. I joined the Discord but truth be told, I couldn't get into it. The forums would be still my prime place to go to and discuss stuff with the community here. Getting your hosts to be more active here sounds like a great start. I'd love to see this place return to its active state it used to be at.
GreenViper8
Administrator
Administrator
Preferred pronouns: he/him

Post by GreenViper8 »

Initially when I started work on Topical Resort, the forums were next to dead so I saw no reason at the time to make a thread if there was no activity. However, at the moment, we seem to be having a revival and a wave of interest in the forums again, so I will be most likely make a thread for the show, can't say the same about the other hosts.

But either way, glad to see old members returned and glad to see new members taking an interest in the Forums again!
:SEGA:
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Click to reveal
Attachments
1438681424584.jpg
RetroBob
Level 5
Level 5
Preferred pronouns: That bellend

Post by RetroBob »

I love forums - have never been particularly active here though I love listening to RadioSEGA. Forums are better organised and facilitate an actual discussion, compared to FB and Twitter.

What's thus Discord thing?
Ravsieg
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ravsieg »

RetroBob wrote:I love forums - have never been particularly active here though I love listening to RadioSEGA. Forums are better organised and facilitate an actual discussion, compared to FB and Twitter.

What's thus Discord thing?
Discord is the application where the discussion between most RS members happens these days. http://radiose.ga/discord