Still Dead, Huh?

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Ravsieg
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ravsieg »

Gonic wrote:Who even runs the website now? I know Gavvie stepped down because he had a kid. Is it still Foreversonic?
To be fair, I've been a show host and general staffer for about a year and a half and I've never heard of Foreversonic.
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

Ravsieg wrote:... and I've never heard of Foreversonic.
Thank goodness! The username is slowly heading into obscurity.
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Ravsieg wrote:To be fair, I've been a show host and general staffer for about a year and a half and I've never heard of Foreversonic.
SimonShirley wrote:Thank goodness! The username is slowly heading into obscurity.
:sadgoodbye: Foreversonic.

Makes me wonder when/if I'll do the same. Picking a decent nick can be hard though, and my full name is not really up to the task.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Shaddix_Croft wrote:This site wouldn't be so dead if the admins weren't so hell bent on ditching everything for Discord.

This is how IRC got killed off, even though at this point it's a second alternative with 15 active users who don't want to use Discord.

The forums and Website: Nobody in the staff actively promotes anything on it and thus in turn rather turn to Discord. Not everyone will see your postings on Discord considering how fast that chat moves and how, at times, the immaturity level goes off chart.

I don't mind Discord being used for RS as method of communication but you can't let it take over everything else. What if the Sonic Retro discord took over the forums and the worthwhile conversations just VANISHED one day ? Not the same due to lack of moderation, worthwhile discussions being relegated to basically an IM client and users unable to read up discussions due to them being so far behind.

What happened to RadioSEGA ? This site used to be a fantastic website and community at one point. I feel like over the last 2 years, the quality of the website has gone stale with it rarely updated and community has gone to SEGA Forums levels. This is why I think oldbies have been leaving the community lately due to being left behind or just outright ditched.

This is why my attitude towards RS and admins has been off for the past few years. Prior to this I was completely fine with the direction we were heading and enjoying the radio content however, constantly getting ignored leads to such cases of outburst towards users and DJ's.

Essay over, I feel like my points still won't be heard and fall on deaf ears but that's how I feel right now.
Shaddix hits the nail on the head. Particularly the loss of messages and immaturity in the Discord. I've popped in there once or twice and it felt like a kindergarten full of in-jokes that make no sense unless you're in there 24/7.
voice wrote:I've never seen RSN Live as needing a actively maintained thread because I just don't see a need for it

What's RSN Live? I've never seen it mentioned in the forums.
GreenViper8
Administrator
Administrator
Preferred pronouns: he/him

Post by GreenViper8 »

Yeah... I sort of realised that I was the if not one of the main sources behind the in-joke and jokes in general spam in the Discord, and so I have cooled off, and I don't really go actively in the Discord like I used to. But I agree with Shaddix, the Discord needs some work, and I believe we should work on keeping other sections of the community alive that have been neglected as of recent.
:SEGA:
voice
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by voice »

Kaito-kun wrote:What's RSN Live? I've never seen it mentioned in the forums.
Me rambling while getting drunk for at least an hour.
RSN Network: Website | RSN Live (Matrix)
Reach out to me via the RSN Matrix / IRC or the RadioSEGA IRC
Linux gamers represent!
Ace_Croft
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Ace_Croft »

voice wrote:Me rambling while getting drunk for at least an hour.
Probs the best fews hours of the night I say.
Come follow my ramblings on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/Ace_Croft
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Hey guys remember me? No? Not surprised.

Man I haven't logged onto here in literally months; I know things have changed since I left the staff as far as liveshow content is concerned. As far as this website is concerned though I see the ol' 'why the forums are dead' thing is rearing its head again. Obviously me not being around can be an effect of not seeing a point to communicate via the forums anymore and Discord is the new hip place to be at...

...but to be honest I haven't been communicating with RS that much at all since I left. Personal reasons of course. So I guess I'm on both sides of the fence here?
Valaura
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Valaura »

Welcome back!
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Remember when Gavvie proposed that we merge with another fourm? I'm starting to think that wasn't such a bad idea.