Sonic Forces

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Big the Fat
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Big the Fat »

I was going to pick it up for PC but my graphics card died (typical!) so I didn't bother.

I do fancy it. I've tried to keep my expectations in check so as not to set myself up for disappointment. Hopefully, by the time I can buy a new GPU there'll be a patch that tweaks the homing attack to be more responsive (the only thing that puts me off the game).

From a spectator's POV it looks pretty and the soundtrack, while not a future classic, sounds good.

I look forward to see what the hackers can do once they get their grubby mitts on the games internals. :)
SilverDaHedgehog
Level 2
Level 2

Post by SilverDaHedgehog »

Game sucked in my opinion. It wasn't worth literally 40 dollars. It was short. The graphics and suches..(MY OPINION),the stupid Infinite character. And yes,I hate Infinite so far. And everything about Sonic Forces was kinda bad for me. Well,the story was okay. But..other then that. It sucked.
SuperSonicSwag
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SuperSonicSwag »

The game was a lot more disappointing than it should have been. Sonic Team had lots of weight on its shoulders after the successful release of Mania. As it got closer to release, I was getting pretty hyped for Forces. At first I wasn't as hyped for the Custom Character, but I enjoyed it in the final game a lot more than I thought I would. 30 levels sounds like a lot, but all of them are way too short and linear. The next game Sonic Team works on should just focus on perfecting Modern's gameplay and levels and not try to please the entire fanbase.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

This game was the literally definition of mediocre. The soundtrack was fantastic though.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Yeah I've heard the game is a real "meh". I'll probs still pick it up after I get Sonic Mania since I'm interested in the whole character creation part. I remember my cringy childhood fan characters and I'm gonna do my 12 year old self some justice and build those characters.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Yeah I've heard the game is a real "meh". I'll probs still pick it up after I get Sonic Mania since I'm interested in the whole character creation part. I remember my cringy childhood fan characters and I'm gonna do my 12 year old self some justice and build those characters.
The character creation was the best part of that game. They give you so much to work with. Also, I'm sure everyone here in Radio sega remembers your fan characters 😉. I remember your art skills improving a ton after awhile though, hope you kept drawing!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Gonic wrote:The character creation was the best part of that game. They give you so much to work with. Also, I'm sure everyone here in Radio sega remembers your fan characters . I remember your art skills improving a ton after awhile though, hope you kept drawing!
Nope! What fan characters? You must be imagining things.

I did keep up with drawing! Thankfully, I moved away from Sonic and onto more concrete illustrations.

I guess another thing that interests me about Forces is that it seems to have a connection to mania and we haven't had Sonic games overlapping in story for a long time.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Ah yes, we have forgotten about that *cough*

You should share some of your drawings if you want! No pressure of course.

Also don't get to excited about Mania story being part of forces story, it literally adds nothing and Classic Sonic does sod all.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Gonic wrote:Ah yes, we have forgotten about that *cough*

You should share some of your drawings if you want! No pressure of course.

Also don't get to excited about Mania story being part of forces story, it literally adds nothing and Classic Sonic does sod all.
Haha yeah sure, if I actually finish any of them lol.

Unfortunately, yeah I've been warned already to not get my hopes up. I was one of the first who was put off by Classic Sonic's appearance in the Forces trailer.

But hey! Better luck on the 30th anniversary, amirite? Actually no, I'd say Sonic Mania single highhandedly carried the 25th anniversary from a terrible one like the 15th to a decent one.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Click to reveal
Too late for that joke? Too late.

Anyway, not going to lie, I haven't played this game, and sadly from what I've heard and seen it's personally not worth bothering with. I rarely play games these days, anyway.
Maybe in the future I'll pick it up during a steam sale and let it sit in my library, but I doubt it.
Quills on Wheels wrote:I'd say Sonic Mania single highhandedly carried the 25th anniversary from a terrible one like the 15th to a decent one.
Pretty much, yeah...