Dreamcast20

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
GreenViper8
Administrator
Administrator
Preferred pronouns: he/him

Dreamcast20

Post by GreenViper8 »

The 20th anniversary of SEGA's final but not really final console is just 1 month away as of today, and here at RadioSEGA we're ready to celebrate it. However, we can't do it alone. We want you to tell us 4 things:

1) What was your first experience with the console?
2) What is your favourite memory of the console?
3) Favourite games?
4) Favourite music/soundtracks?

If you'd prefer, you can also submit voice recordings of your answers. These will need to go to admin@radiosega.net.

If you know anyone who would be interested in submitting answers, direct them towards this thread. Alternatively, text answers can be submitted as a response to the message we've sent out on FB and Twitter, or using #Dreamcast20.

T&Cs: Answers need to be submitted by the 26th of November, and all answers will be featured in a special Dreamcast20 show on the 27th of November, so make sure you're comfortable with them being aired before posting. Now get posting!
:SEGA:
Leonlopez33
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Leonlopez33 »

My first experience with the Sega Dreamcast was when I was about 5 or 6 years old, I remember playing games like Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure 2, and Knights into Dreams.

My favorite memory about the console was when I was playing the level City Escape from Donic Adventure 2 and my Dad started to sing along to City Escape.

My favorite games where Sonic Adventure 2, and Crazy Taxi.

My favorite music/soundtrack was the whole Sonic Adventure sound track my favorite songs being Live and Learn, City Escape, and eggman's theme song E.G.G.M.A.N.
Skyblaze
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Skyblaze »

1) What was your first experience with the console? - My parents got it for me for Christmas, it came with Sonic Adventure and Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future. I remember admiring its designand eagerly bounding upstairs to plug it in.
2) What is your favourite memory of the console? -

My first memory involves booting it up, and seeing the SA intro, which was also my first exposure to Crush 40 music. 3) Favourite games? - Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Wetrix (shutup), ChuChu Rocket, Phantasy Star Online, Soul Calibur
4) Favourite music/soundtracks? -
Phantasy Star Online, Skies of Arcadia, REZ, Soul Calibur.
jstarmax
Level 2
Level 2

Post by jstarmax »

1) What was your first experience with the console?

I was around 9 or 10 years old when my older brother brought his Dreamcast to our cousin’s house. Me and my older sister and my cousins were playing a lot of Mortal Kombat Gold, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, Dead or Alive 2, and WWF Royal Rumble.

2) What is your favorite memory of the console?

My favorite memory about the Dreamcast: When I was playing the Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater demo, I always restart the Warehouse level until the song “Superman by Goldfinger” plays, doing some sweet tricks and air time on the vert ramp.

3) Favorite games?

Sonic Adventure 1, Sonic Adventure 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

4) Favorite music/soundtracks?

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2; The track Superman by Goldfinger from Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Told this story a few times on air, but I guess it's never too much to express your love for this amazing console.

1. The Dreamcast holds a special place in my heart due to it being the first console that I bought with my own money. I was 15 years old and bought the actual console a few months after it launched here in Europe. Before getting the console, I had already bought Sonic Adventure and it taunted me for months sitting there, looking at me. When I got the Dreamcast, SA1 was obviously the first game I experienced on it.

2. My favourite memory(ies) has to be experiencing the two Shenmue games. There are two particular moments that stuck with me for a long time:
- the ending of the first one and listening to the music with the credits rolling and Ryo's boat sailing away to Hong Kong;
- a scene in the second one where Ryo wakes up in Wong's boat and "The Morning Fog's Wave" plays in the background.

3. Shenmue I+II, Sonic Adventure, Jet Set Radio, Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future, Metropolis Street Racer. Special mention: SEGA Swirl!

4. Shenmue I+II hands down.
Superbike_2
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Superbike_2 »

My First memory of the dreamcast was only a couple of years ago.... I had friends who had the Dreamcast back at the time when it had first come out, but unfortunatley I never did. So years later I decide to start collecting retro games, and already being a big sega fan, I thought, I had to give it a go, and I wasnt disappointed. The bootup screen and the swirl gave me shivers.....I loaded up sonic adventure and was blown away! That first go has to be my favourite memory. I had played crazy taxi before, in the arcades and on other consoles, but the DC version for me is the best port. Then i played MSR..... At the moment definitely my favourite DC game. Always been into driving games, but i couldnt believe how far ahead of the driving games I played back in the days of ps1/ps2.... Far ouclassed any Playstation offering. And my favourite track comes from that very game..... Don't Wait by TJ Davis. amazing.
electricboogaloo
Level 3
Level 3

Post by electricboogaloo »

1) Shortly after launch, a friend had brought over their Dreamcast, where I saw Sonic Adventure and The House of the Dead 2 for the first time. My brother and I eventually got ours around mid-2000 (bundled with NFL 2K if I recall correctly)

2) After losing my original Dreamcast many years ago, finding a new in box one in the late-2000s for a decent price. Being able to play the bundled Generator Vol. 2 disc with the Sonic Adventure demo again was quite a nostalgia trip!

3)

Cosmic Smash
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC
NFL Blitz 2000
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Vampire Chronicle for Matching Service
Sonic Adventure
Crazy Taxi
San Francisco Rush 2049
Sega Sports Tennis 2K2
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Sega Bass Fishing

4)

Metropolis Street Racer ("Sold Out" is my personal favorite from this game!)
Cosmic Smash
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike ("Jazzy NYC '99" is my favorite song in the entire Street Fighter series!)
Jet Grind Radio
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Sega Rally 2
Sonic Adventure ("Windy and Ripply" is my favorite track from the game!)
GreenViper8
Administrator
Administrator
Preferred pronouns: he/him

Post by GreenViper8 »

Thanks for the help everyone! Entries are now closed, but be sure to tune in tonight at 7PM BST for our #Dreamcast20 Special where on top of many other things, we'll be reading out your responses! You don't want to miss it. ;)
:SEGA: