Podcasts!

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Podcasts!

Post by Gonic »

Thought I try and breathe some life into the forums. Outside of the RadioSega podcasts, what do you listen to, what is it about and why do you enjoy it?

Personally I listen to Abroad in Japan which is about an English guy who lives in Japan and shares his experience aswell as sharing the lates news in Japan. I find him and his co host to be quieter entertaining and I hope to visit Japan one day so this podcast has prepared me for what to expect 🙂
GreenViper8
Administrator
Administrator
Preferred pronouns: he/him

Post by GreenViper8 »

My tastes in podcast still tend to be very video game/VGM related to be honest. I really enjoy Nitro Game Injection as I've spoken about before, and that's one that fans of RS will get a kick out of. Outside of that, SEGA Talk by SEGAbits and The Dreamcast Junkyard Dreampod by who else.

I do dabble in the Abroad in Japan podcast quite a bit though, although probably not as much as his videos. I should probably listen to more. For the more technical side of things I enjoy ModChat and its slightly less techy offshoot Mario's Minute, and also Darknet Diaries is pretty good if you enjoy hearing about how major hacks/technical blunders occur and the stories behind their makers.

RS' line of podcasts are pretty good too, have I mentioned that before? :P
:SEGA:
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Oh my god am I posting...on a message board?! What is this, 2010?

To answer the question; what I mostly listen to are more pro wrestling centric while Im work. As well one or two anime/manga centric ones.

In the past though I used to listen to this one podcast called You're Too Show; great couple of guys who talk about the Sonic cartoons and other media growing up that isnt the games. As the name of it implies they started it with the Sonic cartoons. Before they dropped off the face of the planet though they were doing an analysis of the Kirby anime though.

I would love to hear some more anime-related ones that arent too overwhelming though.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Athletico Mince. Home of the creepy little midnight spooker.
Tic Tac, sir?
lissahouse
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lissahouse »

Reply All is my favorite. They talk about the internet, technology and internet culture. I love the segments where they explain tweets that have like 4 different layers. They even went to India for an episode on a scammy call center. It’s funny and self deprecating... a little too political on some episodes, but by far my favorite.
Jermit
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Jermit »

GreenViper8 wrote:My tastes in podcast still tend to be very video game/VGM related to be honest. I really enjoy Nitro Game Injection as I've spoken about before, and that's one that fans of RS will get a kick out of. Outside of that, SEGA Talk by SEGAbits and The Dreamcast Junkyard Dreampod by who else.

I do dabble in the Abroad in Japan podcast quite a bit though, although probably not as much as his videos. I should probably listen to more. For the more technical side of things I enjoy ModChat and its slightly less techy offshoot Mario's Minute, and also Darknet Diaries is pretty good if you enjoy hearing about how major hacks/technical blunders occur and the stories behind their makers.

RS' line of podcasts are pretty good too, have I mentioned that before? :P
I totally agree. Video game / VGM related podcasts would be the best choice.