Error Report Center: Playlist Track Issues

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
RetroBob
Level 5
Level 5
Preferred pronouns: That bellend

Post by RetroBob »

I am pleased to hear the Alien3 soundtrack on RadioSEGA (approx 9.40am WET today) but can't find the game in the playlist to add to faves. I searched for Alien³ (copied and pasted from now playing box) Alien, Alien3, [mega drive] but to no avail. Any ideas why I can't find this?
GreenViper8
Administrator
Administrator
Preferred pronouns: he/him

Post by GreenViper8 »

GreenViper8 wrote:A simple reason for that. That's due to our new rotation rules. Third Party tracks are now able to be played randomly on the 24/7, but are not available to request due to them not being SEGA tracks. Apologies but hope that answers your question. :)
Hope this answers your question. Sorry we as of now don't have requests available for Third Party Tracks.
:SEGA:
RetroBob
Level 5
Level 5
Preferred pronouns: That bellend

Post by RetroBob »

OMG I can't believe I asked the same question almost exactly a year ago!

At least I am consistent.
GreenViper8
Administrator
Administrator
Preferred pronouns: he/him

Post by GreenViper8 »

Only one day off! XD

In all seriousness, we need to find somewhere front and center on the site to mention these new rules. They tend to get buried in threads like these but I have no clue where exactly they should go.
:SEGA:
Nicolaas Hamman
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

Post by Nicolaas Hamman »

These Puyo series games have had official English titles for a while now, but they still use their common fan-translated titles on the playlist:

PUYO POP FEVER
Puyo Puyo Fever 2
Puyo Puyo 7
Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary
and Puyo Puyo Vocal Tracks

There may be more, but these are the ones I know are in this predicament.

All of them recently had their official tracklists added to their respective albums on VGMdb.

Since some tracks from these games reappear in later games, it would be appreciated if those reappearences could also have their titles changed.
Nicolaas Hamman
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

Adapting a tweet I made a little while ago:

A Google Doc detailing all BLAZER DRIVE tracks in the playlist (which currently uses filenames) and their fan-translated titles from VGMdb (so no more confusion on which track is which!)

It also has composer credits. Please make use of it!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JE9 ... sp=sharing
Nicolaas Hamman
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

These are game folders that I've noticed contain multiple games within them, which should really be split up. There may be more that I'm not aware of.

CHUNITHM
Contains music from all entries in the series. There's a lot of entries and I'm not gonna research each track's origin just for this post.

Crackin' DJ
CRACKIN'DJ
CRACKIN'DJ PART2

Daytona USA
DAYTONA USA (game)
DAYTONA USA (album)

Initial D Arcade Stage
Initial D Arcade Stage
Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.2
Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3
Initial D ARCADE STAGE 4
Initial D ARCADE STAGE 5

maimai
Entries other than GreeN and GreeN PLUS HALFPIPE TOKYO. There's a lot of entries and I'm not gonna research each track's origin just for this post.

Samba de Amigo
SAMBADEAMIGO
SAMBADEAMIGO [Dreamcast]*
Samba DE Amigo Ver.2000
* Dreamcast version only contains 3 original songs. Is that enough to warrant a seperate folder?

Shining Force Cross Raid
Shining Force CROSS
Shining Force CROSS RAID

By the way, there's 2 Sword of Vermilion folders. One contains three tracks in poor quality, all of which are in the good folder as well. It should be removed.
Staff for VGMdb
Admin for 140 Seconds VGM
Editor for SEGA RETRO
Owner of SEGA MUSIC EVERYDAY

"If there's something about video game music that Nicolaas Hamman doesn't know, it probably isn't worth knowing" - ResidentSD.
Nicolaas Hamman
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

I just saw that there's both a Pinball of the Dead and The Pinball of the Dead folder. At a glance, they're identical outside of The Pinball of the Dead containing the game's jingles and having slightly longer track times. Since the game's name is The Pinball of the Dead, either the former should be deleted and the other renamed, or the latter deleted and the jingles in the former as well. If there's audio quality differences between the two, then that'll probably influence which one gets to stay.
Staff for VGMdb
Admin for 140 Seconds VGM
Editor for SEGA RETRO
Owner of SEGA MUSIC EVERYDAY

"If there's something about video game music that Nicolaas Hamman doesn't know, it probably isn't worth knowing" - ResidentSD.
jstarmax
Level 2
Level 2

Post by jstarmax »

There are missing tracks on some Persona albums:

1. Under the Persona 4: The Golden Animation playlist album

Persona4 the Golden ANIMATION BONUS CD 1
Next Chance to Move On

Persona4 the Golden ANIMATION Special Arrange CD
Next Chance to Move On -special mix-
Dazzling Smile -special mix-
Memory -special mix-
Time To Make History -special mix-

2. Under the Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold) playlist album
The Battle for Everyone's Souls ~USH ver ~
jstarmax
Level 2
Level 2

Post by jstarmax »

Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight (Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night)
1. A Way of Life (ATLUS Kitajoh Remix) - This track was removed on its playlist; Re-add the track again

Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight (Persona 5: Dancing Star Night)
1. Hoshi to Bokura to (Tofubeats Remix) - Needs to be removed; Already have the Long Mix version (To the Stars and Us (tofubeats Remix) -Long Mix-)
2. Hoshi to Bokura to - Needs to be removed; Already available on the Persona 5 playlist named With the Stars and Us
3. Will Power - Already available on the Persona 5 playlist; Same track
4. Not sure about the "P5D" ver. of several tracks if it needs to be removed. They're just edited or shortened versions of the original tracks on the Persona 5 playlist