Is there any saving the live-action Sonic movie?

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
baronhaus
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any saving the live-action Sonic movie?

Post by baronhaus »

Now that the movie trailer has been released and audiences worldwide were suitably horrified by Sonic's character design, do you think there is any saving the movie? I heard that the director or producer has promised to do a complete rework of Sonic's look throughout the film, which is a good start, but it's definitely a rocky beginning.

So, I'd like to ask the forum:
* Do you think there's any saving this movie at this point? If they get Sonic looking like Sonic, how far will that go toward fixing things?
* What are the most important things to get "right" in a Sonic movie to make it enjoyable and true to character?

And as a bonus question:
* If you were able to request a feature-length movie (live-action or animated) based on the plot of *any* actual Sonic game, which one would you want and why?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I know this is like a year late or whatever. But hey why not.

I think the Sonic movie turned out quite great! It's done a fantastic job at capturing the hearts of both older and newer fans. I would have personally liked to see them do some things differently but with everything the movie's gone through, I would consider what we got as a win. Here's hoping for even better from the sequel! And joy, it's already in the making.

My current predictions are Tails and Metal-Sonic for Movie 2 and Knuckles for Movie 3. I don't think Amy fits in this universe and Shadow is probably many movies away.
eulahahern
Level 1
Level 1

Post by eulahahern »

Wow, thank you so very much for your amazingly detailed reply!
Piko
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Piko »

I know this is super late but in hindsight, it's weird seeing how little faith people had in the movie (to be fair, after that trailer it was justifiable). The movie wasn't perfect but it was certainly a lot better than most of us expected.