Mega drive/ Genesis multi game carts and reproductions

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
BenFioren
Level 1
Level 1

Mega drive/ Genesis multi game carts and reproductions

Post by BenFioren »

Does anyone have any Megadrive games bought from China. Like repo carts or multi game ones?
I ask because for £13 I got a 196 in 1 cartridge that has some pretty good games, though the colour and sound seems a bit off on most of them ( Nothing too distracting ) .

I wanted to buy a couple of reproduction carts, especially one for the turtles game. I just wanted to know peoples thoughts on them.
Xhojn
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Xhojn »

I haven't tried the multi game carts myself. I prefer having an everdrive so I can add romhacks/homebrew to it whenever I want but I understand how handy the multicarts can be. The colour/sound might potentially be because the roms are intended for a different market. Like playing NTSC on a PAL for example.

I personally have no issues with reproductions but I know some do. With the price of retro games if there is one I would like to have on the shelf and the original is ridiculous than I will pick up a repro. For example Snatcher, I picked that up as no way I'm paying triple figures. As long as the repro states it's a repro I have no issue. It has also allowed games that were never released in my territory to be released. Lunar: Silver Star never came to Europe but I have a repro that has been patched to run on PAL consoles.