Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Whooa21 wrote:lol.
I'm disappointed. :P
Spawn of Jack
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Spawn of Jack »

GreenViper8 wrote:The only way to revive the dead is CPR! ;)

In all seriousness though, I love these forums too and don't wish to see them die. I try to do my best to keep them active, but posting for the sake of posting isn't what I want to do, but rather try to get meaningful games or conversations going, rather than the general "How was your weekend? Played any good games recently :) " type of affair.

But it is certainly nice to see old faces back here again and hopefully you continue to stay, or at least stay active in a place where it's easy to contact you. ;)
Yep, this old face loves this place too. Hoping to become a bit more active on a regular basis. It is sad to generally see forums go the way of the dodo in favor of social media platforms. Let's breath some life back into this old beast :)
Proud Shump Chump
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Spawn of Jack wrote:Yep, this old face loves this place too. Hoping to become a bit more active on a regular basis. It is sad to generally see forums go the way of the dodo in favor of social media platforms. Let's breath some life back into this old beast :)
Welcome back! :)

Yeah forums were the Social media of the past and to this day, for me, they still capture something that social media can't. Maybe it's the fact that they were slower and allowed for bigger discussions but I'm not really sure.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I'm honestly surprised the admins haven't closed down the forum. Can't be worth the server costs to maintain a load of dead threads no one posts in any more.

It's a shame, this place was pretty fun a decade ago.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

So it's been 8 years, huh? And now that I've returned, the forum seems to be quiet.

I'm not even sure if anyone remembers me. I posted here almost daily during 2012 and some of my posts are rather cringy looking back. Especially that one where I basically pulled the "i'M noT LikE otHeR giRls" card. Yikes.
GreenViper8
Administrator
Administrator
Preferred pronouns: he/him

Post by GreenViper8 »

Welcome back, glad to see you return!

Yep, the forums aren't as active as they used to be, definitely. Despite that, the forum is going through a bit of a "renaissance" in the sense that we've had more activity in the past month than we have in the past couple of years, with a few old faces returning. People moved on from here, either to other walks of life, other forums or over to our other chat methods such as Discord but life happens and things move on. Staff could sit here and prop it up themselves but it if the people don't want it, then it would be pointless activity, but it's been nice to see people want to pop up and post again for old times sake.
:SEGA:
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Yeah totally understandable that everything's moved to Discord. Most communities seem to have done that now. I hope the forums stay alive though! Even if it's just for the sake of preserving old memories and conversations. I'll try to lurk around a bit more if I can.

Truth be told, I forgot my login details the last couple of years and didn't know how to get in anymore ahah :blush: But Viper helped your boi out so I'm back baby!
Jazzcat
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Jazzcat »

Doing laundry n listen to radio Sega lol
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Oh lookit this refreshing coat of paint!
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Twinny wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:26 am Oh lookit this refreshing coat of paint!
It was much needed, honestly. It had also been a while since the website had major work put into it.