Sonic Boom 2013 Announced!

Post here about events relating to SEGA.
Tanicius
Level 2
Level 2

Sonic Boom 2013 Announced!

Post by Tanicius »

"We’re so excited to announce details for Sonic Boom 2013!
Who: You!
What: Sonic Boom 2013
Where: The Pageant, St. Louis, MO
When: Saturday, August 10, 2013, doors 5pm
Why: Because you love Sonic!

That’s right — Sonic Boom is changing cities again, and we’re coming to the midwest this year! One of the things we hear from a lot of fans is that the cool stuff always happens in San Francisco, LA, and New York, and never close to them. As someone who grew up in the midwest, I totally remember how that feels. So we decided to have Sonic Boom in a different city this year, and we hope that you’ll join us there!

Many of the things you loved about last year’s event will be back, including the trivia contest and the costume contest. So get to memorizing Sonic facts and start making your amazing costumes!

We’ll have more details on tickets (cost, on-sale date, etc), hotels, event activities, and more in the weeks to come. For now, mark your calendars, get excited about Sonic Boom 2013, and keep checking here for more information."

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/06/20/announ ... onic-2013/

So, anyone else plan on going? I've already reserved my room and flight in the area. I had a blast last year so need to go again for sure. :)

Before you believe the rumors about St. Louis being dangerous, remember that's the case with most big cities anyway. Just use common sense and you'll be fine. The event is in the Delmar Loop, a tourist area that serves college kids and tourists; it's a safe area, needless to say.

I strongly suggest booking a hotel room soon as the closest one is two buildings down from the venue, and costs about 180 a night; the next closest hotel is about 3 miles away.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Not a lot of Americans here, and as a fellow American, once again I will not be going due to matters out of my control. Thought I hope the length it's starts warrants whatever is going to happen there.

Another thing, please let there be live streaming whether it be audio or video. And about the St. Loius thing, it's TSSZ (rather one certain person) exaggerating about it.

But yeah, cannot go. Oh well.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

If flying wasn't so expensive I would go. Bummer its in St. Louis, if it was Seattle, San Fran, SD, etc.. close by no problem.
Hope that everyone attending has a fun time. =D
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

mtwinny wrote:And about the St. Loius thing, it's TSS (rather one certain person) exaggerating about it.
It's not TSS at all :p
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Gavvie wrote:It's not TSS at all :p
Opps, didn't press the 'Z' key hard enough. :V

So while SEGA's Boom is going to happen there, people in California are looking to creating their own Boom. Sonic Remix has started a plan to have a Sonic Boom of their own.

http://www.sonicradio.net/home/2013/06/ ... mber-14th/

Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

DOUBLE POST. (Sorry~)

While the Nigel brothers are guests at SoS, Crush 40's returning to Boom.

SEGA hasn't said anything on C40 appearing at SoS though. Kinda sucks for you guys over there.

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Eh, we can always hold dear the fact that the UK was the first Western country to see them live.
Tanicius
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Tanicius »

Won't be able to attend Remix' event, sadly! I'm kind of dependent on a friend of mine to get to California.

I will, however, go and share the news of the event on other sites as an alternative for fans. :)
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Will Sonic Boom allow fans to shoot footage of the event this year?
Tanicius
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Tanicius »

I see no reason why not! We all had our cameras out at the last one and there were no issues...

No idea what the policy on the game pods would be, however.

Given that Lost World comes out in 13 weeks, however...