Sonic: Lost World (Wii U/3DS)

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

They were good though. Not amazing, or the best Sonic games ever created in the history of any and all known universes, but pretty good spin-off games that provided fun in short bursts.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Gavvie wrote:Yes, and they were good. I will argue the toss with anybody who thinks different.
I don't think they were bad, I'm just saying SEGA barely cared for the PSP like it did the DS.
Even Generations only got DS special treatment. So I highly doubt if a new Sonic game was released multi-platform would it include Vita.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Mind you, isn't Sonic Rivals where Silvah is "officially" introduced into the series with Sonic and everyone? Or is it not part of the canon story since it's a spin-off?
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Yeah, Silver in Rivals was kinda his entry in the series, which also screwed up more plot points of his character than 2006's. But anywho, if this new game (if it's true) is going to be released for Vita, will SEGA put any effort into developing it like what they did for Rivals on the PSP?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

mtwinny wrote:Yeah, Silver in Rivals was kinda his entry in the series, which also screwed up more plot points of his character than 2006's. But anywho, if this new game (if it's true) is going to be released for Vita, will SEGA put any effort into developing it like what they did for Rivals on the PSP?
Considering they'll just be downporting the console version I'm gonna say no.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Mind you, isn't Sonic Rivals where Silvah is "officially" introduced into the series with Sonic and everyone? Or is it not part of the canon story since it's a spin-off?
I forgot they also included Eggmnan Nega in the first game so it does feature a lot more than just a random spin-off.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

I'm also thinking about what if Sega's planning a reboot after all?

I mean, there had been rumors of a Sonic the Hedgehog Reboot since last year for 2013. While chances of this are very low and I don't really want a reboot myself, it IS something that could happen.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Dr Shaneman wrote:I forgot they also included Eggmnan Nega in the first game so it does feature a lot more than just a random spin-off.
Didn't Nega first appear with Blaze in Sonic Rush for the DS?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

What Kaito said. Though yeah, I DO feel like the Rivals series was more then just a spin-off like the Super Star Series. We certainly never called the rush titles spin offs.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Kaito-kun wrote:Didn't Nega first appear with Blaze in Sonic Rush for the DS?
Since when did "include" mean "debut"?