Phantasy Star Online 2

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Spawn of Jack
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Spawn of Jack »

Im pretty sure we will get it, we got the original phantasy star online, phantasy star universe, and phantasy star portable 1&2, as well as phantasy star zero. Ya we might have to wait a little longer but I would be truly shocked if they don't release it outside of japan
Proud Shump Chump
frozen
Level 4
Level 4

Post by frozen »

Spawn of Jack wrote:Im pretty sure we will get it, we got the original phantasy star online, phantasy star universe, and phantasy star portable 1&2, as well as phantasy star zero. Ya we might have to wait a little longer but I would be truly shocked if they don't release it outside of japan
but we saw him take up in Europe than in America!I look forward to coming out
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Spawn of Jack wrote:Im pretty sure we will get it, we got the original phantasy star online, phantasy star universe, and phantasy star portable 1&2, as well as phantasy star zero. Ya we might have to wait a little longer but I would be truly shocked if they don't release it outside of japan
Correction, we got half of Phantasy Star Portable 2.
Spawn of Jack
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Spawn of Jack »

Reknoc wrote:Correction, we got half of Phantasy Star Portable 2.
Correction, we got phantasy star portable 2 which is a full game. what we didnt recieve was infinity,which is a a game+, most likely due to the psp being at the end of its life cycle and us barely recieving psp2. pso2 does not fall into that situation
Proud Shump Chump
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Spawn of Jack wrote:Correction, we got phantasy star portable 2 which is a full game. what we didnt recieve was infinity,which is a a game+, most likely due to the psp being at the end of its life cycle and us barely recieving psp2. pso2 does not fall into that situation
Sorry but if you're going to announce an extended version before releasing a game over here you're releasing a gimped version.
Son Of A Bayonetta!
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Son Of A Bayonetta! »

I'm very excited about the prospect of PSO 2. I just hope they don't make the same mistakes that they did with PSU and it's dire sequel.
dab_dob
Level 6
Level 6

Post by dab_dob »

Nice .. thank you
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Informations

It's going to be free to play
Coming out in Summer in Japan
PC and Vita version have cross-play
Garbage iOS and Android versions announced.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Posted a news article about it on the new RadioSEGA site this morning as well ^_^

In regards to it going free-to-play, well I'm cautiously optimistic. Freemium can go well, as long as microtransactions don't gimp the game or give unfair advantages to paying players. I would consider PSO2 to be a pretty niche title to be honest, I don't think it can really compete against WoW, The Old Republic etc on a subscription front, and there are so many free-to-play MMO's now that don't automatically suck, including Guild Wars 2 on the horizon. This will probably be better for the series as a whole, encourage a bigger userbase and lead to more updates later on.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Subscriptions seem to be a thing of the past, a lot of games have struggled keeping it with more and more turning F2P. Of course with freemium there's always the worry of "will this be good F2P like Tribes/Team Fortress 2, or terrible F2P like Spiral Knights".