Nintendo Switch

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
voice
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by voice »

Kaito-kun wrote:THE PC GAMER HAS SPOKEN!! All other opinions are irrelevant!

I love cynical wankers who'll proclaim the worst with their hot take before we actually know any details.
Was it the Steam Controller comment that got your jimmies all rustled? I could have said PS3 controller if that would have appeased you, I mean I did buy a 8 ft USB extension cable just so I could plug my PS3 controller in to the console when I used it. Maybe I should have said XBOX360 controller, who knows.

Perhaps providing a valid counter point would have been better than coming out of gate saying in a round-about way that my two cents are irrelevant because it wasn't a gushing "oh my god, I must have this!"
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Doesn't the NVIdia shield need to be within range to play (and by play I mean stream) it's games? It might of changed with later versions but the switch is designed to play these AAA games on the go.

The Wii u didn't fail because of the console/tablet thing either. It was due to poor marketing by Nintendo, no one knew what the hell it was when it was announced at E3.

Personally, I like the idea of the Switch being a hybrid home console and portable machine, but I want to see third-party support for it. The Wii U barely got any so it had long droughts for good games.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

It does suck we would to wait to at least January 2017 for any new info as the Switch's reveal was yet still a teaser.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

If it even comes close to delivering on what it's promising then it's really nothing short of amazing honestly. Remote play is a fucking joke on every other systems and borderline unplayable for anything but Solitaire. Whether that will be something for third party companies to consider seriously supporting the Switch is yet to be seen but here's hoping.

Skyrim was a smart get as well, very mainstream. Not like it's ever going to lose relevancy any time soon either since it's just been released on PS4/Xbone.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Twinny wrote:It does suck we would to wait to at least January 2017 for any new info as the Switch's reveal was yet still a teaser.
And we're getting it January 12th.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 9302246400
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

voice
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by voice »

Reknoc wrote: Skyrim was a smart get as well, very mainstream. Not like it's ever going to lose relevancy any time soon either since it's just been released on PS4/Xbone.
Never followed it to see if they support mods, cause its just not the same without mods.

[video=youtube;QlJULk0f9xA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlJULk0f9xA[/video]
RSN Network: Website | RSN Live (Matrix)
Reach out to me via the RSN Matrix / IRC or the RadioSEGA IRC
Linux gamers represent!
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

voice wrote:Was it the Steam Controller comment that got your jimmies all rustled?
Not at all! Your general attitude just stank of entitled, elitist PC gamer.
voice
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by voice »

Kaito-kun wrote:Not at all! Your general attitude just stank of entitled, elitist PC gamer.
I am disappointed by your weak counter argument, that is all.
RSN Network: Website | RSN Live (Matrix)
Reach out to me via the RSN Matrix / IRC or the RadioSEGA IRC
Linux gamers represent!
Ryan the Game Master
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Ryan the Game Master »

voice wrote:I am disappointed by your weak counter argument, that is all.
Just block him. I did, and my life is better for it. ^_^

Anyway, there's a lot riding on the Switch. It's a console I'm looking forward to. I'm just bummed that Sonic's first game on it has to be Mania, and not anything groundbreaking.

Concept: "Mobius" is still alive. Check out the "new" area![HR][/HR]Help needed for Sonic fangame project. Artists, programmers, and modelers, mainly. If you are interested, message me.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Ryan the Game Master wrote:Just block him. I did, and my life is better for it. ^_^

Anyway, there's a lot riding on the Switch. It's a console I'm looking forward to. I'm just bummed that Sonic's first game on it has to be Mania, and not anything groundbreaking.
A good sonic game outside of the 90's is pretty groundbreaking tbh