How do you play old SEGA games (Emulation, original consoles)?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Quills on Wheels wrote:The only emulator I use is FPSe for Android for PS1 games.

I haven't played a lot of old sega games in the past few years. I used to have a sega genesis but it broke so nowadays I just use the collection games to play 'em like Sonic Mega Collection Plus. I also remember playing a bit on Play SEGA, though it's a bit stupid but meh.
Reminds me of this thing SEGA did in the 90's where there was this T.V. service you can play Genesis/Mega Drive and other assorted SEGA titles on.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Reminds me of this thing SEGA did in the 90's where there was this T.V. service you can play Genesis/Mega Drive and other assorted SEGA titles on.
SEGA Channel?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

mtwinny wrote:SEGA Channel?
Yes that. Man SEGA was so ambiguous in those days...
Klaimen
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Klaimen »

SEGA Channel was something from the future for me back then. I wonder how many people have actually used it, and if it was easy enough to handle. I wonder how long it took to play a game, did they have to download the game via their telephone line? :)
----Always look beyond your eyes with your song----
Visit my website: Ecco the Dolphin: Caverns of Hope
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Sega channel always fascinated me. I mean, for something like that in the 90s, it's pretty impressive.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Since I've never actually owned a Sega console (I played a Mega Drive as a kid though) the only way I've been able to play the older games is through compilations.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Original consoles (I own a Master System and a Dreamcast) and official re-releases/compilations. (SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection, downloadable re-releases, etc)
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

interestingly, I'm never shy when it comes to using emulators or other free means of playing games. However, I find myself often strict when it comes towards Sonic games. I suppose it's because I'm a collector and just feel like it's a fan's duty to buy his Sonic games properly and stuff. So yeah, therefor it bums me out to not be able to get my hands on games like Knuckles Chaotix and Sonic Shuffle cause they are important games I really have trouble getting my hands on.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Kaito-kun wrote:I own a Master System
Still never fully forgiven my parents for the day they decided to sell my Master System....or myself for getting rid of the Saturn.
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

Since the older Sonic games are available to play everywhere these days...it has insanely cheapened the franchises legacy games these days...so I have emulated the Sonic games sadly.

I have gotten rid of most of my portable Sonic games too as I assume they will be VERY common to play soon.