How would you feel about a NiGHTS game...

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

ZonicZoneCop wrote:what are you doing here.
See, I would have said something like this, but I'm not going to as I don't want to take the eventual snarky reply you may get. Not saying you will, just a tiny hunch. I may be (or will now that think about it) be wrong on that.
RebelNightmaren
Level 1
Level 1

Post by RebelNightmaren »

Reknoc wrote:If NiGHTS takes place in a dream world, then surely the world doesn't exist without the dreamers. Much like The Neverending Story world wouldn't exist without someone reading it.
Well nobody ever said there would be NO dreamers, just that it wouldn't focus on them quite as much, you see? c:
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

RebelNightmaren wrote:Well nobody ever said there would be NO dreamers, just that it wouldn't focus on them quite as much, you see? c:
Who dreams and isn't the focus of their own dream?

I think a better NiGHTS would be of the dreamers had a fever and ate a bunch of cheese before going to sleep.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I'm not sure how you can say that NiGHTS focused on the dreamers. Aside from an opening and closing FMV, and the starts of the levels where you go to dualize with NiGHTS, they're hardly in the original game.

In my opinion, NiGHTS as a character cannot exist without dreamers. By extension, the world that he enhabits also can't exist without them. You'd lose something in translation, in trying to make NiGHTS a character on his own terms.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

ZonicZoneCop wrote:what are you doing here.
I was asked a question ("How would you feel about a NiGHTS game centering on NiGHTS and not the dreamers?") so I answered it. Simple~
rakkiiguy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by rakkiiguy »

Gavvie wrote:I'm not sure how you can say that NiGHTS focused on the dreamers. Aside from an opening and closing FMV, and the starts of the levels where you go to dualize with NiGHTS, they're hardly in the original game.

In my opinion, NiGHTS as a character cannot exist without dreamers. By extension, the world that he enhabits also can't exist without them. You'd lose something in translation, in trying to make NiGHTS a character on his own terms.
Personally, I've not played any of the NiGHTS games (however, I have watched a bit here and there of both NiD and JoD) and you're right on him not being able to exist without the dreamers, but we're speaking more about if it focused on the... Nightmaren side of things VS the POV that players usually would be placed in when playing a NiGHTS game. More details about their own agendas, what goes on in the background rather than in the foreground; that sort of thing. Y'get me?
ZonicZoneCop
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ZonicZoneCop »

mtwinny wrote:Better question is, just don't question it :P
Not a question.
Float like a bulldozer
ZonicZoneCop
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ZonicZoneCop »

Kaito-kun wrote:I was asked a question ("How would you feel about a NiGHTS game centering on NiGHTS and not the dreamers?") so I answered it. Simple~
Meh, that works~
Float like a bulldozer
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:I'm not sure how you can say that NiGHTS focused on the dreamers. Aside from an opening and closing FMV, and the starts of the levels where you go to dualize with NiGHTS, they're hardly in the original game.

Is this a euphemism for something? Because NiGHTS definitely looks like the type to dualize with kids.
~G~
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ~G~ »

Yeah I agree with Gavvie here.

The original NiGHTS barely featured the kids.
- Yes they were technically essential to the story, as they went into the dream world. But it was solely focused on NiGHTS helping them throughout the game.

Not saying your/your friend's idea is a bad one though.
- If the gameplay was like NiGHTs into Dreams, but the story progressed through cutscenes that didn't really feature the kids - then it could work, I think :)