Anime & Manga Discussion

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I almost bought the first volume of "Attack on Titan" today. I was so close but then I reached "Y" and saw that they had volume 9 of "Yotsuba&!" in stock and needless to say "Yotsuba&!" won out.

Sorry Rekky.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Manga of the Week

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic

Author/Artist:
Ohtaka Shinobu
Updates: Weekly
Licensed: Yes (First volume releases in August)

Deep within the deserts lie the mysterious Dungeons, vast stores of riches open for the taking by anyone lucky enough to find them and brave enough to venture into the depths from where few have ever returned. Plucky young adventurer Aladdin means to find the Dungeons and their riches, but Aladdin may be just as mysterious as the treasures he seeks. Together with the genie Hugo and his friend, Ali Baba, Aladdin sets out to find his fortune in the depths of the endless dunes…
Magi is pretty much the next Fullmetal Alchemist. A female author comes on the scene to show the boys how it's done. Only Magi is better than FMA. It pretty much does everything right, great characters, fun sense of adventure, good comedy, and great story arcs.

Seriously it's the best, read it right now.

Shame it never got an anime.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Rekky, do you realise that you've just put "Magi" higher up on my reading list than "Attack on Titan"?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:Rekky, do you realise that you've just put "Magi" higher up on my reading list than "Attack on Titan"?
Well, that's fair, it is a better series. Except Shingeki is out now and Magi isn't out until the end of summer.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Manga of the Week

AKB49 - Rules Against Love

Author:
Motoazabu Factory
Artist:
MIYAJIMA Reiji
Updates: Weekly
Licensed: No (Likely never will be either)

This manga based on the ever popular AKB48 group.

This series is about a guy called Urakawa Minoru crossdressing as a girl to participate in a female idol group audition (akb48). The main objective is to help the girl he likes, Yoshinaga Hiroko, pass the audition. Yoshinaga Hiroko's dream is to become like her favourite idol who is in the akb48 group. This audition happens to be her final try, so Minoru crossdresses as Minori and took part in the audition to make sure she realizes her dream. Hiroko got qualified eventually, however, the shocking news was Minoru was qualified as well. Thus, the road to becoming a female idol begins...
I don't know a single thing about AKB48 and this series still owns. It's like a battle manga with hot blooded shounen heart, but it's about idols, and there's not battles, just performances and all but one of the characters are female.

It also taught me Idols radiate aura from their nostrils.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Sounds like one for me.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Dr Shaneman wrote:Sounds like one for me.
And me. Shame it'll never get a license.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Kaito-kun wrote:And me. Shame it'll never get a license.
Always the case.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Swag of the Week

Sakamoto Desu Ga?

aka Swagamoto

Author / Artost:
Sano Nami
Updates: Bi-monthly
Licensed: No
Levels of Swag: Off the Charts

First year high school student Sakamoto isn't just cool, he's the coolest! Almost immediately after starting school, he began attracting everyone's attention. The girls love him, and most of the boys resent him. There's even a boy in the class who works as a model, but who is constantly upstaged by Sakamoto! No matter what tricks the other boys try to play on him, Sakamoto always manages to foil them with ease and grace. Though Sakamoto may seem cool and aloof, he helps others when asked, such as in the case of the boy in his class who was being constantly bullied. No matter what difficulties Sakamoto encounters, he moves through his high school life with confidence and class!
So much swag, I can't evenImage
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

^ That, right there. The swag levels are unprecedented. I would enjoy this manga a lot.