Still Dead, Huh?

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
RetroBob
Level 5
Level 5
Preferred pronouns: That bellend

Post by RetroBob »

Thanks, I'll take a look.
Ravsieg
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ravsieg »

RetroBob wrote:Thanks, I'll take a look.
Good to hear! :)
voice
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by voice »

Kaito-kun wrote:Site's still dead, I see.

A dozen posts in the 6 months since I last logged in? It's a tad embarrassing.

What are the staff doing to fix that?

Even the hosts don't bother updating their own threads.
I've never seen RSN Live as needing a actively maintained thread because I just don't see a need for it, plus to be honest if I really wanted to have a community focus around my show that would probably be seen over on the RSN Live website (which is a thing and much like the thread here does not get updated frequently anymore) Remember I do my show for fun, not to be some kind of radio/media career launching point.

I myself have not really seen a push from the main staff to use the boards, they usually tell everyone to go to Discord instead (even though its not officially listed on site) so as a result the forums are dead and the IRC is somewhat dead though I've seen activity pick up there lately, so theres that.
RSN Network: Website | RSN Live (Matrix)
Reach out to me via the RSN Matrix / IRC or the RadioSEGA IRC
Linux gamers represent!
RetroBob
Level 5
Level 5

Post by RetroBob »

A live chat system like Discord during a show would be better than posting to forums for sure. Outside of that though, general long form discussions are better on a forum IMO.
voice
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by voice »

RetroBob wrote:A live chat system like Discord during a show would be better than posting to forums for sure. Outside of that though, general long form discussions are better on a forum IMO.
Thing is there was a working live show system via IRC, just saying.
RSN Network: Website | RSN Live (Matrix)
Reach out to me via the RSN Matrix / IRC or the RadioSEGA IRC
Linux gamers represent!
RetroBob
Level 5
Level 5

Post by RetroBob »

True, that was fun!
Ace_Croft
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Ace_Croft »

This site wouldn't be so dead if the admins weren't so hell bent on ditching everything for Discord.

This is how IRC got killed off, even though at this point it's a second alternative with 15 active users who don't want to use Discord.

The forums and Website: Nobody in the staff actively promotes anything on it and thus in turn rather turn to Discord. Not everyone will see your postings on Discord considering how fast that chat moves and how, at times, the immaturity level goes off chart.

I don't mind Discord being used for RS as method of communication but you can't let it take over everything else. What if the Sonic Retro discord took over the forums and the worthwhile conversations just VANISHED one day ? Not the same due to lack of moderation, worthwhile discussions being relegated to basically an IM client and users unable to read up discussions due to them being so far behind.

What happened to RadioSEGA ? This site used to be a fantastic website and community at one point. I feel like over the last 2 years, the quality of the website has gone stale with it rarely updated and community has gone to SEGA Forums levels. This is why I think oldbies have been leaving the community lately due to being left behind or just outright ditched.

This is why my attitude towards RS and admins has been off for the past few years. Prior to this I was completely fine with the direction we were heading and enjoying the radio content however, constantly getting ignored leads to such cases of outburst towards users and DJ's.

Essay over, I feel like my points still won't be heard and fall on deaf ears but that's how I feel right now.
Come follow my ramblings on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/Ace_Croft
Valaura
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Valaura »

I'm a somewhat new member here, and I prefer using the discord for chatting during live shows as it's quicker, but for discussions I think the forums are better as it is easier to read older posts.

I feel like both should be kept active though, even if I do prefer using the discord I understand that there are people who don't like using the discord and there should be something for them instead.
EDGIEST HEDGY AROUND! :guitar:
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Who even runs the website now? I know Gavvie stepped down because he had a kid. Is it still Foreversonic?
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

Gonic wrote:Who even runs the website now? I know Gavvie stepped down because he had a kid. Is it still Foreversonic?
It's still run by the staff team, but Gavvie and KC tend to take care of the business side of things. I've only just returned, so am getting up to scratch with everything. I guess RS still has my name above the door, but as I've been away, I wouldn't consider myself in charge at the moment.
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.