47%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 38

Oldskool
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Oldskool »

I chose Mega Drive, but surprisingly the Dreamcast seems to clearly be winning.
:guitar: SEGA!!! :rockin:
Cobra!
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Cobra! »

Oldskool wrote:I chose Mega Drive, but surprisingly the Dreamcast seems to clearly be winning.
Well, it's the Dreamcast! Anyone's who played it loved it, unless they never had any good games on it, even then, my friend had one and loved it, even though all he had was a Formula 1 game and Soldier of Fortune (Not saying that's a bad game, I've never actually played it).
Don't you EVER forget the "!" in "Cobra!"! Unless you're refering me as "Cobradabest".
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Soldier of Fortune was a very bad game. I've got it as well and it's truly awful.

Load times, gameplay, general story, controls. All utter crap.
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

Sega Genesis for my part. It´s the console that brings back many memories, and the console that made me the player I am now. I had a Nes before that, but the Genesis started all.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

Someone tell Cobra that 'Genesis' on the poll at the top of the screen is misspelled.

Anyway, my vote would be the Genesis -- so many classic games not just by SEGA but by 3rd party developers as well. Dreamcast was pretty much SEGA, but did have some games that look like a blast to play. As for the Saturn, I hope that some of those classic games gets re-released onto the Virtual Console or the PlayStation Network.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
TailsPrower98
Level 3
Level 3

Post by TailsPrower98 »

Favorites
1-Dreamcast
2-Mega Drive
3-Sega CD
Kellydreamcast
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Kellydreamcast »

Dreamcast got my vote, its officially the BEST CONSOLE EVER, everything about it is pure WIN!
sggg chalky
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sggg chalky »

I was SO torn up between Dreamcast and Megadrive...
In the end i went for Megadrive because it was the last time i could get into a game argument and know i was right AND in the majority...

I've loved every sega system i've ever owned (MD, Saturn, DC... and recently Multi Mega and 32x and Powerbase converter)
Retrix
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Retrix »

My vote is for Dreamcast, due to its selection of excellent games, brilliant graphics, and the VMUs.
Mega Drive would definitely be second, but I don't have much experience of any of the others and I hadn't even heard of the SG-1000 before.
There was an echidna from Vegas
Whose hairstyle was totally outrageous
When asked by the cops
Why the dreadlocks
He told them the idea was Sega's

​— The Typing of the Dead
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

Note: This thread needs a few more, "I like X because..." stories. It's too easy to just write, "I like X", and no more.

Personally, I chose the Master System. It's the first "console" I had when I was growing up. I say console like that as before then, I used to spend hours gaming on my Commordore 64.

To me, it seems that as the advancements in graphics became possible, less was cared about gameplay. When graphics were basic, more emphasis was put in to making the games enjoyable and make you feel like you wanted to replay them.

I'm a massive fan of "Chiptunes" or 8bit music, and this 8bit console satisfies my needs! The games are challenging, but not over-complicated, emphasis is on game-play and I like it because I've spent many hours in the past playing it, and still enjoy playing it today. :)
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.