Activision (Finally) kills off some of its' IPs

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

Although Activison have announced a slight rise in profit for 2010 I wouldn't be surprised if behind closed doors financial buff's are saying to cut old/risky IPs.

Anyone else think this also might have to do with Rock Band 3? I think that game is taking the 'music' genre to the next level. I would cut my loses and retreat if I were Activison. Then again if I were Activison I'd bring back people with bowl haircuts and beards.
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Even though I didn't play Guitar Hero and DJ hero much, I'm going to miss them. I enjoyed playing them when there were the free trials on game stores, especially DJ hero. It had some cool remix musics.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

i need fruit wrote:Although Activison have announced a slight rise in profit for 2010 I wouldn't be surprised if behind closed doors financial buff's are saying to cut old/risky IPs.

Anyone else think this also might have to do with Rock Band 3? I think that game is taking the 'music' genre to the next level. I would cut my loses and retreat if I were Activison. Then again if I were Activison I'd bring back people with bowl haircuts and beards.
Uh, pretty sure Rock Band 3 bombed as well. Sure I read somewhere that Harmonix had a bunch of layoffs.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I think Rock Band 3 would have done a little better is it wasn't for the bungled release when it came to the instruments. I remember people looking everywhere for those keyboards.
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

Just found this from Eurogamer

Judging by UK the performance of Rock Band 3, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and DJ Hero 2, the writing appears to be on the wall for the once prosperous music genre. Certainly we're a long way from 2008, a year in which Guitar Hero III managed to shift 3.5 million copies in two months.

Rock Band 3 sold just 7386 units for the week ending 30th October... ouch
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST