Super Smash Bros For Wii U and 3DS

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Alright let's talk a bit about this. I'm still wanting to get the handheld version. I know I know the Wii U vetsion is superior, but damnit it's Smash on the go.

For anyone who do have the game (either version) who are your mains? Mine are Lucario and (gasp) Sonic. Although I do want to try out how Falcon fares on the handheld.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

So, the Wii U version is awesome.

I like making my amiibo characters fight one another and bet on the outcome.

(Pro Tip: Always bet on the Falcon.)
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I want to get an Amiibo. Specifically Lucario and Mewtwo (you know they'll make one for him. More likely the rumored card form nonetheless)

Oh yes; finally got my hands on the 3DS version.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

TheChaosBlue wrote:I want to get an Amiibo. Specifically Lucario and Mewtwo (you know they'll make one for him. More likely the rumored card form nonetheless)
Nah, they'll make a figure of Mewtwo - I do recall Nintendo saying that every character in Smash would get a figure. Wouldn't be too surprised if it comes out the same time as the DLC does.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Oh right. Let me rephrase;

I want to get the Lucario and Mewtwo ones; you know before the quickly sell out before you even attempt to place a preorder for them.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:I do recall Nintendo saying that every character in Smash would get a figure.
Glad to hear that. Kaito needs a R.O.B. amiibo more than you could ever imagine.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Have you heard? Next wave of Smash-compatable amiibo coming this Spring.

It has Waaariooooo~
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

So if you haven't heard...SEGA (technically) got a second playable rep for Smash Bros.

[youtube]3Tv3w1V5_Mg[/youtube]

From The Verge:
Just over one year after the new Smash Bros. debuted on Wii U and 3DS, Nintendo has announced its last downloadable character: Bayonetta, the titular character from Platinum Games' action game. Bayonetta will have both her original and Bayonetta 2 costumes, in addition to a special red-hued "Jeanne" color variant. The downloadable player, which is scheduled for release in February, will also include a thematic Umbra Clock Tower stage based on the series.
Like others, she too will be getting an Amiibo. Oh, and one of her songs is the After Burner remix..so that's in Smash now.
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

Yaaay Bayonetta looks really cool and I love the inclusion of Witch Time. It will lead to some interesting dodge and counter play and I really like the fact it can work on more than one opponent. Not to sure about the Umbra Clock Tower level though, it looks very small and very brown!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Really nice to see Bayonetta in here. She was requested a lot and there was so much talk about Nintendo not doing her because she wasn't kids friendly. What most people seem to not have liked was the reveal of that other sword guy that I can't remember right now (not cloud) since he is the 3rd character from the franchise he comes from. I can kind of agree. Considering that we're no longer getting any more characters, I would have liked to see someone different.

Kinda sad to see her be the last downloadable character though. I'd loved to see the roster keep on expanding. In fact I kind of don't get why they stopped. I'm sure there was continuous money to be had by releasing more.