New Sonic Game for PS4 and XBOX ONE?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
SONIC123
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SONIC123 »

And if SEGA publish a sonic game for the next-gen consoles, who you wish is gonna be the developer?
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Alpha Dog 1996 wrote:I was always a fan of the modern sonic games, despite everyone else's belief. I think that they can pull a good one out of the hat if they were to try. But since they have already said they are done with consoles, Steam is the next best option

SEGA aren't leaving the console market. As proven here. They have Yakuza 5 coming out in Europe & US later this year and also Yakuza 6 next year. They've also mentioned Console sonic a few times.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I was told differently, but I guess they were wrong.
But the point is I still think a Sonic game for Steam would be cool.
Gonic wrote:SEGA aren't leaving the console market. As proven here. They have Yakuza 5 coming out in Europe & US later this year and also Yakuza 6 next year. They've also mentioned Console sonic a few times.
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

I still think the cost of a AAA cross platform Sonic game is not worth the gamble to Sega anymore.
As that article says:
"SEGA has stated that they want to focus more on digital games and PC due to the area having a bigger profit margin and considering there are over a 125 million active users on Steam and a billion plus market on phones, do you really blame them?"

Looking over the past year releases theres a lot of focus on 3DS as well, which might be about cheaper dev costs. Still, Sega turned a profit in Q3. Makes a change!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

You know I'm strangely perfectly ok if Sega just sticks to the PC or nintendo market. It'd mean less console to buy to collect the games.

....buuut since I don't collect the games anymore, it's a shame to see no true New Gen sonic game. Meanwhile though, sega is still stuck in the past, making the 25th anniversary another 20th anniversary.

20.2 really.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

That's what I heard that SEGA was doing
i need fruit wrote:I still think the cost of a AAA cross platform Sonic game is not worth the gamble to Sega anymore.
As that article says:
"SEGA has stated that they want to focus more on digital games and PC due to the area having a bigger profit margin and considering there are over a 125 million active users on Steam and a billion plus market on phones, do you really blame them?"

Looking over the past year releases theres a lot of focus on 3DS as well, which might be about cheaper dev costs. Still, Sega turned a profit in Q3. Makes a change!
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Going on the sales based on Sonic Generations which i will link here, I think going multiplatform for their next game would be best. Esspically as generations sold worst on Steam all together.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Whatever the next mainline Sonic title is going to be, it cannot be exclusive to one system/console this go around. We've seen its Nintendo deal and look how that turned out.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

RapidRun
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RapidRun »

Twinny wrote:Whatever the next mainline Sonic title is going to be, it cannot be exclusive to one system/console this go around. We've seen its Nintendo deal and look how that turned out.
You have a point there. I also believe that if they put forth a good enough effort on the game (like they did graphically with the day/night levels and gameplay-wise with the day stages in Unleashed/World Adventure for PS3/XB360) and fan service (a la Generations), plus release over the four current platforms (consoles + pc), that they might even outsell whatever their current best-selling Sonic title is. Hopefully. Also, if they really decide to go the extra mile and release for the current portables and/or mobile devices, I desperately hope that they go the Sonic Rush route in terms of a decent and solid game. And to be honest (and to the possible disbelief to most people), I wouldn't mind another DIMPS game. As long as they do it right, like with their Advance series and/or Rush series. Anyways, I'll shut up for now. Gotta get back to schoolwork. Wheee~
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Now, it's not the matter to me of them going multiplatform...but more of cross platform. Which, being SEGA and this is Sonic the Hedgehog, I see that as a very strong possibility.

...Except for Wii U.