(Finally) The SEGA Events/News Thread!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Midwinter wrote:I agree. I think they really do owe Nintendo another exclusive title, but my guess is it is going to be another Olympics title. Then we will see the next Sonic game hit multi-platform.
uh, okay. I don't really see why SEGA should owe Nintendo anything, unless they're sooooooo thankful for Lost World bombing hard.

The 2015 main game is probably true, and the upcoming olympic game will be the last one until 2016 since there's no reason to release one before any actual olympics.
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

Reknoc wrote:uh, okay. I don't really see why SEGA should owe Nintendo anything, unless they're sooooooo thankful for Lost World bombing hard.

The 2015 main game is probably true, and the upcoming olympic game will be the last one until 2016 since there's no reason to release one before any actual olympics.
They actually contractually owe Nintendo another exclusive game. Looks like it will be Sonic Boom which was announced today as a Nintendo exclusive. So I think that leaves the 2015 rumor to be true (even though they denied it). I'm sure it depends on how well the new show is received too.

Not a big fan that Knuckles and Sonic have bandages all over them. Are they mummies?

Also go check out the trailer for the new game and a sneak peak of the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0a7-1wdDuw
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Midwinter wrote:They actually contractually owe Nintendo another exclusive game. Looks like it will be Sonic Boom which was announced today as a Nintendo exclusive. So I think that leaves the 2015 rumor to be true (even though they denied it). I'm sure it depends on how well the new show is received too.

Not a big fan that Knuckles and Sonic have bandages all over them. Are they mummies?

Also go check out the trailer for the new game and a sneak peak of the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0a7-1wdDuw
oh yes, i forgot about that deal. lol rip sega

should have pumped out some shitty sonic game first so they could give their multimedia sonic a multiplatform release.
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

Reknoc wrote:oh yes, i forgot about that deal. lol rip sega

should have pumped out some shitty sonic game first so they could give their multimedia sonic a multiplatform release.
I think Sega was having such a bad year in the western markets in 2012 that they saw this deal with Nintendo as some quick cash regardless if their new games did bad or good.

Also I think everyone had some hope that Wii U was going to sell ok. Not many people predicted the current numbers being so bad. So regardless they would get Nintendo cash and customer cash.

I think the cartoon deal just happened to materialize during this time period also and they knew they had to have a game out there and ready for when the cartoon was shown. Just happened to be the slot for the 3rd exclusive.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Considering how well the Wii U is doing atm...This new Sonic Game would of been better off on multiplatform...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

The writing has been on the wall since like, announcement. But who knows how long SEGA had the deal with Nintendo and by the time the Wii U proved to be a failure it was already too late.

But this is just... dumb what is the point of doing a multimedia thing when its on a console no one wants. They should have just put the cartoon on some random-ass channel no one has heard of, like, around the religion channels.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

i'm just going to leave this here
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Wait what?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Mega Drive Megatron

MEGA DRIVE MEGATRON
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

What... the actual... hell?

I don't know whether that's awesome or completely random lol.