Just some things

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Just some things

Post by Jamie64326 »

So the first thing I have to say is, after just requesting IceCap Zone Act 1 from the PC version of Sonic 3, how come it sounds slightly different compared to this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGb50xDIk7E

The second thing I will admit to me being just picky, but can we correct the spelling from Icecap Zone to IceCap Zone in the Sonic 3 Mega Drive game track listing, in the playlist? It's just it the official way of spelling it from the game.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Nothing like a post that allows me to get some more #SEGAducation!

Turns out the PC version of Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, actually released as "Sonic & Knuckles Collection", had the option to play the soundtrack in either MIDI or FM format. What we have on RS is a rip of the MIDI version of the soundtrack (as ripped from the person's PC, with its settings). The version on that YouTube video uses the FM format (as played on the uploader's PC). I found a rip of the FM soundtrack, so I'll upload it soon. The more you know...!

As for IceCap, it's been edited.
Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Jamie64326 »

KC wrote:Nothing like a post that allows me to get some more #SEGAducation!

Turns out the PC version of Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, actually released as "Sonic & Knuckles Collection", had the option to play the soundtrack in either MIDI or FM format. What we have on RS is a rip of the MIDI version of the soundtrack (as ripped from the person's PC, with its settings). The version on that YouTube video uses the FM format (as played on the uploader's PC). I found a rip of the FM soundtrack, so I'll upload it soon. The more you know...!

As for IceCap, it's been edited.
Thank you for adding the FM soundtrack of Sonic and Knuckles Collection. I actually forgot that it was done in two formats. Also thank you for changing Icecap to IceCap. This is actually me being picky but it bugs me when it's not spelled correctly as it is in game.