RadioSEGA Review: Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

SA2 worse than SA1? Totally disagree, I actually used to think how much SA2 improved on the first; better camera and controls, although obviously not perfect. I loved the soundtrack too, it has some of Crush 40's best work and was the first video game soundtrack I ever bought.

Both Adventure games were good, when compared to real rubbish like Sonic 06, which did had a lot of problems, bugs, glitches, etc.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I guess some people consider breaking a game improving it. Probably why so many people like Oblivion.

If I were to do a review on Sonic 06 (I'm not going to) I'd more than likely be less harsh on it then I was on Sonic Adventure 2. Let's see if anyone can figure out why.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I wouldn't call either Adventure games broken though. But for me, enjoyment of a game is the most important factor. If a game has really game breaking bugs that actively work against you or stop you from playing, like Sonic 06, then it is a bad game. I never had any problems with SA1/2 in that regard.

I loved Oblivion too >_>
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

You just must be really lucky then, since you never had troubles with Fable 2 either.

It's not just bugs that can make a game unenjoyable though, unintuitive controls and awful camera does aswell. Which SA2 has in spades.

But then you do like Oblivion so maybe you just don't notice broken ass shit.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

^ I'd love for you to da a review on Oblivion for here. I want to know what your gripes are with it. :biggrin:
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Actually I've been thinking about one for abit. If I do it'll be abit different than my other ones.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Or maybe I just enjoy games? The only problem I had with Oblivion was the levelling system, and that was it, really. It wasn't exactly game breaking for me. Neither was the camera issues in SA2.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I enjoy games aswell. I just think sequals should be better than their predecessors, not vastly inferiour. I also expect them to be well made when they're made from AAA devs like Lionhead, Bethesda and more ontopic for time SEGA.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I guess that's where we disagree, I really think SA2 is much better than SA1 :P
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Even though I didn't read the review, I was extremely shacked by the score you gave it. I mean it's not a surprise that you always look at the negative side of Sonic and give it a bad rating but to give it a 1 out of 5? That's just not even possibly right.
I haven't played SA2 yet but I have seen enough playthroughs and reviews of it to figure out that your score is just completely out of your dislike to Sonic.
The Sonic Adventure series were one of Sonic's best works in the world of 3D and obviously, it was better than SA1.

If this is the score you give to SA2 than what will be the score you will give to Sonic Colors? 2 out of 5?

I am just completely shocked and mystified. :ohmy: