Maybe not a good game, yet you love it.

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

Enjoy it fully! :) Post results to your opinion!
santefering wrote:Will definatley get sonic 06. Just looked at it on YouTube and I think it looks as good as sonic adventure. Obviously the reviewers on YouTube ranting about the blocky graphics. I personally love the look, it very arcade sega if that makes sense ( buildings look like they can fit in virtua cop, sonic, Daytona etc ) can't wait now to buy it thanks ��
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Bubblegumspit
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bubblegumspit »

Alpha Dog 1996 wrote:Sonic 06 in my opinion is a very well done game. However a lot of people say it is terribly bugged up. I never had a problem with it though as I got through it fairly easily. I recommend it imo.
When I played Sonic 06 for the first time, I was expecting it to be really bugged up. But I haven't really had any problems with it yet except for getting stuck on walls sometimes. But besides getting stuck on walls, it hasn't been that bad so far. ^_^
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

EXACTLY! I never had any glitch issues! The only trouble i had was mach speed and getting the chaos emerald as Omega (and i never enjoyed playing as Omega so that wasn't bugged up, and mach speed is supposed to be tricky). I think most people just say it's too bugged up because they can't beat it themselves and need an excuse.
Bubblegumspit wrote:When I played Sonic 06 for the first time, I was expecting it to be really bugged up. But I haven't really had any problems with it yet except for getting stuck on walls sometimes. But besides getting stuck on walls, it hasn't been that bad so far. ^_^
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Alpha Protocol. It got some crappy reviews and I can see the problems there but I'm able to look past them and actually enjoy its qualities. It's got an interesting story. Combat is not that bad and the multiple choices and story branches are a really nice touch. I recommend it to everyone.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

People judge too quickly when it comes to games. Especially those they haven't played yet.
KC wrote:Alpha Protocol. It got some crappy reviews and I can see the problems there but I'm able to look past them and actually enjoy its qualities. It's got an interesting story. Combat is not that bad and the multiple choices and story branches are a really nice touch. I recommend it to everyone.

santefering
Level 5
Level 5

Post by santefering »

Alpha protocol only seems to get hate because of its A.I but I thought it looked great.
KC wrote:Alpha Protocol. It got some crappy reviews and I can see the problems there but I'm able to look past them and actually enjoy its qualities. It's got an interesting story. Combat is not that bad and the multiple choices and story branches are a really nice touch. I recommend it to everyone.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

What is Alpha Protocol?
santefering wrote:Alpha protocol only seems to get hate because of its A.I but I thought it looked great.

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Minish Cap is an incredibly solid entry in the Zelda franchise, there's a reason the people that made it and the oracle games left Capcom and went to work at Nintendo, and then proceeded to make one of the best Zeldas ever with a Link Between Worlds.

It's hard to think of a game I find to be completely bad that I still love because even if the gameplay or graphics aren't up to par it usually does something incredible with its story or ambition such as Deadly Premonition or Nier. That said though I guess there are two games that spring to mind:

Drakengard 3: It's a technically poor game, it's not especially good looking, and the combat is just enough above mediocre to be somewhat fun. But it's still a Yoko Taro game and while the writing isn't as strong or as twisted as Nier or previous Drakengards it's still interesting to be worth playing and it's fun to see the craziest guy in the industry deal with sex and comedy.

Resident Evil 6: RE6 is a fantastic action game that, when you finally get it, is ridiculously fun. It however suffers from some major problems. First of all it has to deal with the franchises "legacy" this is always going to be hard when RE4 is still considered by many to be one of the greatest games ever made (rightly so as well) not to mention the love for RE2 and REmake which some fans of are still salty due to the change in direction. Then you also have the fact that basically EVERYTHING ELSE that isn't combat is trash. Awful story, awful characters, repetative campaign mode, limited level variety unaided by the fact you repeat a bunch of them due to the intertwining campaigns. The biggest problem though is that the game is terrible at explaining how it works, it wasn't until I watched a Lets Play of it and then going back to the game that I really got a good feel for the combat and found the game to be so much more fun.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

If it's such a solid entry, how come so many people complain about it when I mention it's so good?
Reknoc wrote:Minish Cap is an incredibly solid entry in the Zelda franchise, there's a reason the people that made it and the oracle games left Capcom and went to work at Nintendo, and then proceeded to make one of the best Zeldas ever with a Link Between Worlds.

It's hard to think of a game I find to be completely bad that I still love because even if the gameplay or graphics aren't up to par it usually does something incredible with its story or ambition such as Deadly Premonition or Nier. That said though I guess there are two games that spring to mind:

Drakengard 3: It's a technically poor game, it's not especially good looking, and the combat is just enough above mediocre to be somewhat fun. But it's still a Yoko Taro game and while the writing isn't as strong or as twisted as Nier or previous Drakengards it's still interesting to be worth playing and it's fun to see the craziest guy in the industry deal with sex and comedy.

Resident Evil 6: RE6 is a fantastic action game that, when you finally get it, is ridiculously fun. It however suffers from some major problems. First of all it has to deal with the franchises "legacy" this is always going to be hard when RE4 is still considered by many to be one of the greatest games ever made (rightly so as well) not to mention the love for RE2 and REmake which some fans of are still salty due to the change in direction. Then you also have the fact that basically EVERYTHING ELSE that isn't combat is trash. Awful story, awful characters, repetative campaign mode, limited level variety unaided by the fact you repeat a bunch of them due to the intertwining campaigns. The biggest problem though is that the game is terrible at explaining how it works, it wasn't until I watched a Lets Play of it and then going back to the game that I really got a good feel for the combat and found the game to be so much more fun.

Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Which game are you referring to AlphaDog? xD
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010