Best of Megadrive

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Adam Novagen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Adam Novagen »

I know "thread necroing" is frowned upon even when for ludicrously small time increments like a few weeks, but I haven't been here in YONKS, and I'm only trying to help out, so bear with me. ;)

Just for my two cents input on battery backup cartridges: I happen to own Phantasy Star for the Master System, and this game uses battery backup for its saved data. Now, I don't know if these results are typical or not, but... The game was made in 1987, and 23 years later, that battery hasn't failed me yet; all five saves are 100% intact. Come to think of it, that's slightly scary... What the hell kind of battery were they USING in those cartridges? XD
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Well, these kind of batteries as long as the cartridge is played actually recharge themselves..at least that's what they do in a Sega CD. I imagine the same for those game cartridges too. Also, I was just wondering. Though the saves are in tact still, will it let you create a new save? I've had some games where the battery would fail and still have the saves but won't let you save any further.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Sound Reaper
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Sound Reaper »

You know, it just goes to show you that these gaming companies are just getting...lazier, in a sense. My copy of Pokemon Emerald's inner battery has pretty much died on me. Perhaps I just got a faulty copy eh?

And no, this isn't a really old topic to tell you the truth, so you should be fine.

I too wonder about the type of battery they were using. I ALSO wonder, on a side note, about the Saturn's BIOS perameters. All this time and SEGA STILL struggles to emulate/port those games properly (for the most part).

Wrath Oskvro wrote:Well, these kind of batteries as long as the cartridge is played actually recharge themselves..at least that's what they do in a Sega CD. I imagine the same for those game cartridges too. Also, I was just wondering. Though the saves are in tact still, will it let you create a new save? I've had some games where the battery would fail and still have the saves but won't let you save any further.
Aha, I see you brought some insight on this before I even noticed XD .
I wasn't going to return until I had something worthwhile to share sooooo....Image
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I had Breath Of Fire for SNES and I recall it having the save files but not letting me save anything after. I could be wrong about which game it was but I do know I've had it happen.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
tasmwill

Post by tasmwill »

Sound Reaper wrote:I too wonder about the type of battery they were using.
Well, it was the 80´s probably is made of some dangerous and harzardous material that today is strictly forbidden to be used on children's toys.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Anything and everything are strictly forbidden on children's toys.
cheese
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cheese »

How about Quackshot? a platform game :)
tasmwill

Post by tasmwill »

Quackshot was a great game for the Mega. I played it a lot !
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

richarddavies wrote: Contra Hard corps is a great shooter for the mega drive.
That's Probotector to you and me dude (just giving him the right name to ebay).
Tic Tac, sir?
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Comix Zone
Gunstar Heroes
Shinobi III
Sonic 2
Sonic Spinball
Streets of Rage 2

Alongside just about all of the Disney games.