like to move it?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote: Edit: Sports Champions and MAG (Killzone 3?) are Move's killer app.
I found Sports Champions awkward to play, having to constantly keep calibrating and ugly with no real charm. And people still care about MAG?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

recalibrating is certainly a pain but the games themselves are alot of fun. I dunno how well MAG did or is doing I just can't be bothered to check if Killzone 3 supports Move to say that.

edit: Guess it does! Forget MAG then.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Reknoc wrote:recalibrating is certainly a pain but the games themselves are alot of fun. I dunno how well MAG did or is doing I just can't be bothered to check if Killzone 3 supports Move to say that.

edit: Guess it does! Forget MAG then.
well if recalibration is needed surely its just like wii motionplus it needed recalibration before every game
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

It's slightly better than WM+ technically speaking. Sports champions seems to be the biggest offender, most games just require pointing at the camera at the most which isn't that much of a problem.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Reknoc wrote:Buttons as it turns out are kinda important.

Don't know about you but I didn't have much problems when I used to play Eye toy. I could always choose the options using my hands. ;)
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Don't know about you but I didn't have much problems when I used to play Eye toy. I could always choose the options using my hands. ;)
I don't remember EyeToy having any proper games, just variations of whack shit off the screen.

Also Sony's gimmicky PS2 thing that was ditched almost as soon as it came out isn't the best defense for Kinect.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

The games made for the EyeToy were mostly party games and had not much sence of Single Player to begin with. So it is no wonder if you buy an EyeToy and after playing it for a while by yourself, you say that it's crap.
Play 3 was one of the best party games of the EyeToy.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Montion controls...the wii montion plus didn't exactly feel like any improvement over the normal wii controller it self. That said I've only played wii sports resort so it may work better in other games. The Kinect looks interesting but I don't like the face Microsoft are rubbing it in our faces (new dashboard is for kinect right)? Whereas with the move, I'm sure I heard somewhere that Sony have allowed you to play move games with a normal controller which is a good idea if they have, you don't feel pressured into buying it.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gonic wrote:with the move, I'm sure I heard somewhere that Sony have allowed you to play move games with a normal controller which is a good idea if they have, you don't feel pressured into buying it.
Yeah, I'll be shocked if titles like Killzone 3 are Move only, especially since it's a franchise with a control scheme that's been developed over the past 2 games. Resi Evil 5, MAG and RUSE are all optional too.

There are a few Wii games like that too: Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Monster Hunter Tri and Smash Bros. Brawl all offer the use of alternate non-waggle controllers if the user prefers. I'll usually go for the Gamecube controller if I'm honest.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

What about the Kinect? Is some games in that optional too?