Daytona USA [XBLA, PSN]

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

I'm impressed, Sega haven't just imported it & bunged on a multiplayer, nice to see they've took the time to add little things....

But Karaoke mode? oh lordy lord :')
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Kareoke mode was in the saturn version too as some pointless cheat, it's just the songs without the lyrics.
Tic Tac, sir?
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

So whats the point?

How is he meant to fry high. in the bru bru sky? :(
SegaManAU
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SegaManAU »

Hey guys,

DAYTONA USA is freakin' awesome. I love it to bits, if anyone wants to play some MP please add me on XBL - SegaManAU

Thanks
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I tried the demo. Having never played it previously I became incredibly confused by the countdown timer that meant it was impossible to complete a race. Is this a feature of the main game or just a draconian demo time limit: "You have 90 to get a feel for this game. GO NOW!"

Does the full game feature Outrun style checkpoints where the time remaining increases but the demo simply doesn't increase the time remaining when you pass through a checkpoint? Or is it something completely different entirely?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I would imagine the demo doesn't feature checkpointing. The full game still has the arcade timer, but you do gain extra time after each lap, or when you go through a checkpoint on the longer courses.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:I would imagine the demo doesn't feature checkpointing. The full game still has the arcade timer, but you do gain extra time after each lap, or when you go through a checkpoint on the longer courses.
All righty, that makes sense.

I still don't think I'll buy it though; the soundtrack was nice and there was a delightful sense of 90's gaming nostalgia but I didn't enjoy the gameplay or handling of the vehicles very much.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

The handling is good once you know how to drift turn using the gears. You can bundle around in automatic but it's almost a different game. Every Sega fan should know how to play Daytona by now though! It's about the fifth version of the thing they've made.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote:The handling is good once you know how to drift turn using the gears. You can bundle around in automatic but it's almost a different game.
That would have been my issue then: I was playing in automatic and couldn't figure out how to drift.
Killer French Bread wrote:Every Sega fan should know how to play Daytona by now though! It's about the fifth version of the thing they've made.
But I'm not a SEGA fan! I just like some of their games.
Son Of A Bayonetta!
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Son Of A Bayonetta! »

End of November cannot come quick enough for me!!! 'Daytoooooonaaaaa! It's Gonna be, it's gonna be!!!'

Chris.