Games with high replay value

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Yeah, sorry about that. I mustn't have read your post properly.

My brother has Saints Row The Third, so I guess I could borrow it from him later.

---

Okay, so the whole idea from this thread came from a friend, 'k?

I was telling him how I hate buying games all the time and getting bored, so he suggested that I buy something with high replay value so that I can play it often and not have to buy more games.

I sold a bunch of games recently, due to being bored of them all.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Yeah, sorry about that. I mustn't have read your post properly.

My brother has Saints Row The Third, so I guess I could borrow it from him later.

Edit: I've changed the first post a bit.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Reknoc wrote:Saints Row? I already explained why these games don't really have any "replay" value! Though if you do just want long ass games, then Saints Row would be a good choice.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post.

My brother has Saints Row The Third, so I guess I could borrow it off him for awhile.
cyberbeast41
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cyberbeast41 »

Get a sandbox game like GTA, Crazy Taxi (not really PS3 but has unlimited replay value). You can kinda make your own game that way.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I wouldn't exactly say that Crazy Taxi is a sandbox game in the same vein as a GTA or Saints Row. It's more a score attack arcade game, so the replay value of such a game is highly dependant on how long you can play a game like that for.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

cyberbeast41 wrote:Get a sandbox game like GTA,
No.
cyberbeast41 wrote:Crazy Taxi (not really PS3 but has unlimited replay value). You can kinda make your own game that way.
Yes. Really any arcade game is made with replay value in mind, since they so short the point is to keep replaying it and getting better.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

I know this thread is ancient, but I have something to add!

Kaito, you're awesome for telling me about Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes!

It took me awhile to find a copy of it and when I did, it was around $40.

I just got back into it today, after a few months of just neglecting it. Decided to go through Sanada Yukimura's storyline first, since he's awesome. I'll go through Saica Magoichi's storyline next, just so I can unlock Chosokabe Motochika.

Also, I love the choice of voice actors in this game; Laura Bailey, Liam O'Brien, Patrick Seitz and Johnny Yong Bosch are all awesome.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

huntergemini wrote:I know this thread is ancient, but I have something to add!

Kaito, you're awesome for telling me about Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes!

It took me awhile to find a copy of it and when I did, it was around $40.
Oh, you're most welcome!

Now the rest of you. Buy Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes.
huntergemini wrote:I just got back into it today, after a few months of just neglecting it. Decided to go through Sanada Yukimura's storyline first, since he's awesome. I'll go through Saica Magoichi's storyline next, just so I can unlock Chosokabe Motochika.
Ahhh, Magoichi! AKA Sengoku Basara: Easy Mode. She literally bringing guns to a sword fight.

Also, I feel I should ask; What does the "Mo" in "Motochika" stand for?
Klaimen
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Klaimen »

Gotta chime in too! I got a couple addictive games I played recently:

- The Binding of Isaac: Zelda/rogue-like twin stick shooter. Quite gore-y but uses cartoon style, so it's not so bad. Every run is completely different, based on random maps, room layouts, item, enemy and boss drops. Since each playthrough only takes up to 1-1.5 hours, this can be revisited at any time.
- FTL: Awesome space/sci fi set rogue-like. Random galaxies have an immense amount of different objectives, enemies and layouts. The combat is really intuitive too, there are lots of different weapons and other equipments, and fighting is very satisfying.
- Retro/Grade: Rhythm game with an immense Challenge mode. Love the music and gameplay. So colorful, and really challenging!
- Tokyo Jungle: Another rogue-like with animals in a post-apocalyptic Tokyo setting! You unlock new animals and items with each playthrough, and it takes a couple 10s of hours to unlock everything. Really fun to play, combat is interesting, and you're always on the edge to complete challenges while being chased by hordes of lions/beagles :P
----Always look beyond your eyes with your song----
Visit my website: Ecco the Dolphin: Caverns of Hope
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Hauke wrote:- Tokyo Jungle: Another rogue-like with animals in a post-apocalyptic Tokyo setting! You unlock new animals and items with each playthrough, and it takes a couple 10s of hours to unlock everything. Really fun to play, combat is interesting, and you're always on the edge to complete challenges while being chased by hordes of lions/beagles :P
I've seen this mentioned on the PS Store, actually. Kinda sounds like a game version of "Life After People" the way you've described it! Which is awesome, might I add.

My game collection has increased (and decreased) a lot since I was last here and I'm starting to enjoy games a lot more as opposed to getting bored really easily. I've got a few games that I consider to have high replay value, such as the Silent Hill HD collection (multiple endings), Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (beating high scores), both Skylanders games also have high replay value, since there's a lot of collectables.
Kaito-kun wrote:Ahhh, Magoichi! AKA Sengoku Basara: Easy Mode. She literally bringing guns to a sword fight.
This. A thousand times this. D:
Kaito-kun wrote:Also, I feel I should ask; What does the "Mo" in "Motochika" stand for?
"Mo" is for Monster, Captain! The Devil who rules the seas!