SonicLondon Meet #11

Post here about events relating to SEGA.
HelenBaby
Level 1
Level 1

SonicLondon Meet #11

Post by HelenBaby »

The 11th SonicLondon meet has been announced. And this time we have activities! Please check out the event's e-poster here :

A further few points about the event :

We will announce whether the meet will be held in the Plan A or Plan B venue in the days leading up to the meet depending on the weather forecast, as we have done in the past. If we go with Plan A, the picnic in Regent's Park, guests are encouraged to bring along picnic blankets, picnic foods (obviously), suncream and water! I guess there will be less to bring if we go for the Plan B option, but do make sure you bring enough food (you are allowed to eat your own food inside the Royal Festival Hall thankfully) and, I guess, an umbrella?

Here's a lowdown of our events (which will take place regardless of venue)

~ Art Corner : The voice actor and artist Andrew Hamblin, a SonicLondon regular, has kindly agreed to host our Art Corner for us. Go over and join him, grab a pencil and some paper (provided) and get sketching!
~ Blackjack : At some point during the meet Cyburn (a member of SonicLondon staff) will be hosting a game of Blackjack, and the eventual winner will recieve a prize. Time and prize to be confirmed on the day.
~ 3DS/Vita Corner : Our friends from Monster Hunter Community UK have kindly agreed to host our handheld corner. They'll be happy to play the likes of MK7/Mario Tennis/Luigi's Mansion 2 with attendees. And would, ofcourse, be most up for a sneaky Monster Hunt with those of you that way inclined ;) />/>

For more details and to RSVP please see : https://www.facebook.com/events/585438461479599/
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Didn't this thing just happen? The whole Summer of Sonic thing? Is there really a market for 2 Sonic events in London?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:Didn't this thing just happen? The whole Summer of Sonic thing? Is there really a market for 2 Sonic events in London?
You really don't know about this do you judging by what you said.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

TheChaosBlue wrote:You really don't know about this do you judging by what you said.
Of course I do. I'm well known in the community - both here and on other sites - for being one of the top Son-Nick the Hodgeheg fans .

But my point still stands.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Do people with common interests need an excuse to get together?
Besides, Summer of Sonic is a proper convention. Sonic London is just a meet-up, a more informal event, if you will.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Kaito-kun wrote:Didn't this thing just happen? The whole Summer of Sonic thing? Is there really a market for 2 Sonic events in London?
Doesn't seem like an event to me. Just a normal fan meet up :P
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gonic wrote:Doesn't seem like an event to me. Just a normal fan meet up :P
So...An organised fan meet up isn't an event?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:So...An organised fan meet up isn't an event?
I see it as just a small group of Sonic fans meeting up and just enjoying the day around the city. Like a more local thing than SoS, which encourages fans from parts of the world to converge to one building.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Sonic London is an event where Sonic fans get together and just chill out. It isn't actually anything based around the character himself.

That's like complaining that Capcom do too many Monster Hunter Community meets because they only did one "the other week" :P
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote: That's like complaining that Capcom do too many Monster Hunter Community meets because they only did one "the other week" :P
Not really, the very nature of Mohun encourages people to come together and work towards a common goal; there's a point to them.