Summer of Sonic 2010

Post here about events relating to SEGA.

Will you be going to the Summer of Sonic 2010?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:40 pm

Hell yeah!
39%
Maybe.
9%
I can't go / Don't want to go.
39%
What's the Summer of Sonic?
13%

Total votes: 23

Master hunter
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Master hunter »

I will be going again and up for a Friday night meet up. I should be arriving at my hotel sometime after 6pm on Friday.

Here's a photo of us all from last years event, left to right we have me, Gavvie, Mena, 7force, Foreversonic and Siriku at the bottom. Just in case you've forgotton what we all look like
Click to reveal
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

can someone give me some current info please, had a look on the site and a few things are vague

i know you have to email to register interest, is there an admittance fee?
How many other people are you allowed to take on your ticket?
and whats the date and time of the event

Thanks in advance.... trying to get a rough idea so i can go and take some sega fans with me
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Awesome, I'm looking forward to meeting up with you guys :D

I get in London after 5pm, travelling on coach from Newcastle, so I'll be happy to find you guys then.
baraka6 wrote:can someone give me some current info please, had a look on the site and a few things are vague

i know you have to email to register interest, is there an admittance fee?
How many other people are you allowed to take on your ticket?
and whats the date and time of the event

Thanks in advance.... trying to get a rough idea so i can go and take some sega fans with me
Tickets are free, you have to register a ticket for each guest I believe, the date of SoS is the 7th of August and I don't think the time has been announced yet, but it'll probably be about 10am.
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

Hi, thanks for the info, i will get on to it now
FastFeet
Level 8
Level 8

Post by FastFeet »

Stupid question, of course I'll be there I can confirm (before I update FFM with this) that I will be lead DJ this year. So I will be running everything DJ related this year. Again, like Gavvie I will be on the decks most of the day so it won't be hard to find! Blue hair may not make an appearance this year, depends, but expect to see an all new SEGA Media T-Shirt too hopefully...
FastFeet's Mix ~ Coming Soon...
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:I get in London after 5pm, travelling on coach from Newcastle, so I'll be happy to find you guys then.
I hope you're up for a late-ish meet up. I don't finish work until 5:30pm and it'll take me around 2 hours to drive down there, depending on traffic. So, if I find the travelodge straight away, I'll be looking for around about 8pm arrival. If I get lost on the A40, or can't find the A40, I could end up anywhere!
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Tealer
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Tealer »

Not going due to distance/money/whatever's needed. It's not like I live near London.
Maybe I'll bother to go in a few years or so, if SoS is still running.
7Force
Level 10
Level 10

Post by 7Force »

I'll be there myself got my ticket in my inbox the other day. I wont be staying in a hotel for this one so I'm gonna get there really early since though on a normal day it should not take me too long to get there but there are disruptions on the underground that day so i'll have to work out the best route to get there.

Shame Bently Jones wont be there as he's a pretty damn good singer but still Crush 40 is even more epic then Mr Jones (sorry BJ). must remember to bring my Sonic Adventure 2 10th birthday edtion along for them to sign.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

foreversonic wrote:I hope you're up for a late-ish meet up. I don't finish work until 5:30pm and it'll take me around 2 hours to drive down there, depending on traffic. So, if I find the travelodge straight away, I'll be looking for around about 8pm arrival. If I get lost on the A40, or can't find the A40, I could end up anywhere!
Yeah that's fine! I imagine it's gonna be a very long and tiring weekend for most of us anyway, haha :P

SonicEpsilon, how far away from London are you? I know one of the staff is coming from Scotland, and I'm gonna be on a six hour coach journey just to get there :ohmy:

Is Bentley Jones officially not coming then? :(
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I'd heard he wasn't due to scheduling conflicts, but then I'm afraid I don't have any "insider" info, so don't take my word for it.