E3 2010: Your picks?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

E3 2010: Your picks?

Post by Kaito-kun »

Well, E3 is done and dusted for another year, but what are your picks from the choice of games and hardware that were presented at this year's show and why? Or even which games are you planning on keeping an eye on?

Here's mine (In no particular order):

3DS - Just look at the already confirmed line up of games! Metal Gear, Street Fighter, Samurai Warriors, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Gundam... Yes <3

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds - MvC2 isn't my best fighter, I'll be honest with that and I bet I'll be no good with MvC3, however, it just looks so fun; Deadpool in particular looks like he'll be wonderful to play with (When he screamed "YOU PUSHED THE WRONG BUUUTTOOOON!!!!!" as he was KO'd in the game play trailers sold me!) And it's gorgeous~

Portal 2 - Portal was a great game -massively over-hyped by the internet- but still a great puzzler none the less, so the thought of a sequel has gotten me all tingly~

Fable III - I enjoyed Fable II. To be honest that might be the only reason I'm looking forward to number 3, but really, do I need more of a reason? Hmm? I do? Ok then...Um...Because it has John Cleese in it? Yeah, that's a good reason too.

Ninety Nine Nights 2 - It's no longer an ordinary hack and slash, it's now an extreeeeeeeeeeeeme hack and slash, with the ability to face up to one million troops at a time. One Million Troops. Woooow...

Ok, that last one was just an excuse to quote Tak Fuji, but share yours!
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

There's quite a few, from what I saw:

Metal Gear Solid: Rising - I have to admit, I've never minded Raiden, but I'm definately looking forward to this game. It looks good, and is certainly a nice change of page from all the stealthing around.

Gears of War 3 - Not saying this would be stupid. The first two are some of the best 3rd person shooters of this generation, and this game is looking even better. 4 player Co-Op? Bring it on Insane...just as soon as I finish the 1st and 2nd ones on Insane, of course ^_^

Halo: Reach - Prequel to the first Halo, loosely based on The Fall of Reach? Yes please. My favourite book of the 7, hope the game's just as good.

child of Eden (to typeset it properly) - Hands down, favourite game of E3. Spiritual successor to Rez, which is easily one of my favourite Dreamcast era games. Being published by Ubisoft now, but who cares? The game looks and sounds awesome, and February 2011 cannot come around quickly enough.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:There's quite a few, from what I saw:

Metal Gear Solid: Rising - I have to admit, I've never minded Raiden, but I'm definately looking forward to this game. It looks good, and is certainly a nice change of page from all the stealthing around.

child of Eden (to typeset it properly) - Hands down, favourite game of E3. Spiritual successor to Rez, which is easily one of my favourite Dreamcast era games. Being published by Ubisoft now, but who cares? The game looks and sounds awesome, and February 2011 cannot come around quickly enough.
Dammit! I knew I was forgetting something; add those two to my list too.
FuzzballFox
Level 1
Level 1

Post by FuzzballFox »

Gears of War 3
Plenty of new goodies, can't wait to continue the story, also it's awesome!

Portal 2
Who isn't! Also...yay for Steam coming to the PS3! :D

Little Big Planet 2
I could go on forever about this but I'll just add a heart..or two...or three...
<3<3<3
~<3~
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

XCOM- This game looks super interesting. Still don't know anything about it. Love the setting which is the 50's in America. The people who made Bioshock made this and you can defiantly tell by the gameplay.

Fallout New Vegas
- I loved Fallout 3 and this one looks just as great. I can't wait.

3DS
- Haven't owned a handheld in a looooooooooooooooong time, but this one caught my attention. Might pick it up.

Vanquish- This game looks amazing.

Sonic 4- Im not really hyped for this game but im keeping my eyes on it and most likely going to get it.

MGS Rising- The game mechanic in this game looks great i can tell it will entertain me for hours just hacking everything and everyone in my way.

&

Portal 2- Must i say something? All of us already know its amazing without playing it. Big Fan of the first game. Big fan of Valve. I cannot wait for this game can't wait for it to hit Steam.
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

Vanquish - not much details but its by Platinum Games so I’m sold.

Gears Of War 3 - I've hours of fun with mates on 2 sos this is a no brainer for me

Donkey Kong Country Returns - just hearing the music again made me want to go back to the first one for that elusive 101% ending.

MvC3 - just... cant... wait...
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Child of Eden without a doubt. I am such a huge Rez fan it drives me insane, and Child of Eden really is Rez 2 in everything but name.

It was the only real surprise of E3 for me, and I watched all of the conferences live. Microsoft was boring, Sony talk too much.. Nintendo were surprisingly good though. The 3DS is shaping up to be mighty special. I was glad to see some Golden Sun news.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Isn't Child of Eden one of them new rebranded eye-toy games though? May as well go to an actual rave and get blotto'd if I'm having to wave my arms in the air whilst being distracted by coloured lights and repetitive music.
Tic Tac, sir?
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Killer French Bread wrote:Isn't Child of Eden one of them new rebranded eye-toy games though? May as well go to an actual rave and get blotto'd if I'm having to wave my arms in the air whilst being distracted by coloured lights and repetitive music.
Blasphemy! :P

Rez was released on the Dreamcast, PS2 and a HD version is availble on Xbox Live Arcade. It is basically a rail shooter, and Child of Eden, whilst it uses motion controls, or arm waving, can also be played with a standard controller. It never used EyeToy, although it did have a vibrator >_>

Consider it a cross between the original Panzer Dragoon games with trance music and coloured lights!
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Oh I've owned Rez for about 8 years now. But I'll admit she is still trapped within the system. I'm a fan, but not that hardcore.
Tic Tac, sir?