London Gaming Con - Gavvie to Present Sonic DJ Set!

Post here about events relating to SEGA.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

London Gaming Con - Gavvie to Present Sonic DJ Set!

Post by Gavvie »

Hello all. Just thought I'd post a little thread in here promoting a little DJ thing I'm doing in December at the inaugural London Gaming Con.

Being held on 3rd and 4th December 2011, London Gaming Con looks like it's going to be a heap of fun. There's a bunch of gaming tournaments going on if you're a fan of fighting games, and some other stuff. Guests include brentalfloss, Dr. Stuart Ashen and CoLD SToRAGE (composer of the first few WipEout games), and Nintendisco are hosting a party on the Saturday night!

But what does this have to do with SEGA? Well, the Sunday evening is mostly Sonic vs Mario themed, and from 9pm to Midnight (start time could be a little later, but no later than 10pm) I'll be popping up with my trusty laptop in hand to bring the attendees the best Sonic music, from pretty much all the games (Generations and M&S 2012 will be out by then), as well as some fantastic remixes.

Really hope a lot of you can make it, on either day. I'm there both days, as I'm covering it as Press as well as the aforementioned DJ slot. If you want more info, just click the link below and have a browse:

London Gaming Con
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Here's the Press Release, if you like reading these kinds of things:
London Gaming Con Press Release wrote:Debuting for it's first time this December! London Gaming Con is an 18+ gaming convention (with a good measure of anime and cult thrown in) of over a thousand people set to take place this December 3-4 in London. It is the sister event of the successful London Anime Con taking place in the same venue, the much-loved Rocket Complex. You can signup now for London Gaming Con at http://www.londongamingcon.com/register.php Pricing will be at a reduced £14 for two days or £8 for Saturday and £6 for Sunday if you register and pre-pay now.

There will be bands, parties (till 1am in the morning from some of the top gaming DJs such as Nintendisco, the UK's #1 gaming clubnight) and guests (naming just a few - comedian, musician and gaming sensation brentalfloss will be doing a live concert while CoLD SToRAGE, creator of music for over sixty games including Lemmings, Wipeout series will be doing a set of his best-music and Stuart Ashen is a YouTube comedian from the UK. He is well known for his comedy videos and reviews on gadgets, technology and games, and Guru Larry who is currently presenting the worlds first retro gaming TV show on Sky and is featured video contributor on TGWTG.com and Machinima.com) in addition to too many cash-winning gaming tournaments to list!

We will also be bringing together groups the likes of DS:London, Neo Empire, NthGen as well as gaming companies and publishers such as PQube and many more.

ACTIVITY ZONES AND EVENTS

There will be a retro zone, modern gaming, handheld zone, LAN gaming, DDR zone, tournament battles, gaming dealers, trading card gaming and more areas besides! Sonia Leong and Sweatdrop shall be present to do several artist and manga related workshops and talks. Highlight events will include the Ultimate Gaming Championship (with a massive £100 top prize!), the DDR Tournament, the Ultimate Gamers Quiz, Cosplay Contests, late-night karaoke, a late-night cinema and much more!

Many more events and talks to be confirmed including game-developing talks, art workshops and many quirky and fun events such as a Sonic Blind-folded contest!

MASSIVE GAMING TOURNAMENTS

From 11am through to midnight there will be over TWENTY cash-prize winning tournaments taking place, with all of your favourite games such as Mario Kart, Smash, SSIV, Rock Band, DDR, BlazBlue, Phantasy Star and many more taking place with big prizes for the winners. If you're a gaming fan make sure not to miss this!

The main tournament shall be the Ultimate Gaming Championship, with a grand prize of £100 for the winner! Games from all eras from 8 bit through to the latest consoles shall be a part of this competition to determine who is the most complete gamer around. Do you have what it takes to be crowned the Ultimate Gaming Champion?

Nth Gen Interactive & Neo Empire are also confirmed to be running Revolution - a series of fighting game tournaments. Games shall include Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition (X360), Arcana Heart 3 (PS3), Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (X360), Blazblue and King of Fighters XIII (PS3). Read more at http://neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11998

BIG-NAME GUESTS

Many guests and attending gaming companies are to be announced, but we can already confirm that Brentalfloss shall be flying all the way from the USA to be hosting a UK-exclusive concert live at the event. Expect to see many more big-name guest announcements over the upcoming months!

Confirmed so far are - Brentalfloss (comedian, musician and gaming sensation), Zonic (gaming inspired singer), Dr. Ashens and Guru Larry from youtube and several TV shows, Nintendisco (#1 gaming clubnight), anime rock sensation Area 11, TEMPHUiBIS (electronic artist), CoLD SToRAGE (creating of Lemmings and Wipeout music amongst many others), Liam Shalloo (known for his art-work on Sony games) and Sonia Leong (multiple award winning manga artist). MORE GUESTS TO COME!

GAMING PUBLISHERS - TRY OUT THE LATEST DEMOS AND PREVIEWS

We will have about half a dozen gaming publishers/providers attending where they will be previewing their latest games for everyone to try out and play. Expect announcements over the next month as we confirm them all.

- PQube shall be exhibiting their games at London Gaming Con. They are most well known for publishing key titles such as BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, Arcania Gothic 4, Arcania Heart 3 and Guilty Gear amongst many other titles over the PC, XBox, Wii, PS3 and DS.

You can expect there to be a number of gaming pods to try out their latest releases. We will confirm more about what they will be doing closer to the event.

Stay tuned on the website as we announce more publishers over the next few weeks!

BASIC DETAILS

Venue: The Rocket Complex, Holloway Road, London Metropolitian University.
Opening Times: 11am to 1am.
Pre-Pay Entry: If you pre-pay via the website, it costs £14 for both days, or just £8 for sat and £6 for Sunday
On the day entry: £10 per day.
Evening Only Entry: If you arrive after 6pm, you can get in for £4 pre-pay or £5 on the door.
London Gaming Con Website: http://www.londongamingcon.com/
Link To Pre-Pay: http://www.londongamingcon.com/register.php

Affordable Accommodation at £18 a night is also available via the website.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Soooo...Why you? Don't get be wrong, it's jolly nice and I'm happy for you and you should use this opportunity in order to promote the site as much as possible, but why you in particular?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

They invited me personally to perform at the convention, so that'd be why, I suppose.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Hey, if they gave you the invite then that's a welcoming form of appriciation right there! ^^ Now if only I can hear your set and the others live...
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Cool. Pitty I don't live in London or anywhere else in England.

Would be nice if you record some videos though. I want to see how that place looks like and how you're DJing.
Retrix
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Retrix »

Congrats Gavvie on getting the gig - hope it all goes well!
The event looks like a lot of fun, but sadly I can't make it that weekend. The con is planned to be twice yearly though, so with any luck there will be another opportunity in the near future.
There was an echidna from Vegas
Whose hairstyle was totally outrageous
When asked by the cops
Why the dreadlocks
He told them the idea was Sega's

​— The Typing of the Dead