How many times does Puyo Puyo play a day?!

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
billiesan
Level 1
Level 1

How many times does Puyo Puyo play a day?!

Post by billiesan »

It seems like Radiosega is turning into RadioPuyo. "It's been a long time since we passed through space-time!" Vocal Version and instrumental versions are requested and played constantly. It also seems like 5 Puyo Puyo tracks can be played in a row. Does Puyo Puyo not follow the same playlist rules like the rest of the albums? Is constantly requesting Puyo Puyo some inside joke that only a select few know about?
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

If people are requesting them then that's why. If you request 5 Sonic games in a row they'll play. RadioSEGA doesn't have tagged requesting as it should, so songs that play are only limited by the same game and track.
Sound Reaper
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Sound Reaper »

billiesan wrote:It seems like Radiosega is turning into RadioPuyo. "It's been a long time since we passed through space-time!" Vocal Version and instrumental versions are requested and played constantly. It also seems like 5 Puyo Puyo tracks can be played in a row. Does Puyo Puyo not follow the same playlist rules like the rest of the albums? Is constantly requesting Puyo Puyo some inside joke that only a select few know about?
From what I can notice, some of the playlist rules have changed a little. Try requesting consecutive Sonic games, I don't think there is much of a problem with those either.

As for the requesting itself, there are a couple of people who are just dedicated to getting certain tracks to number 1. However, with there being around 10 Puyo Puyo tracks in the Top 40 right now, I will discuss with the other staff on whether or not we should do anything. I can't make any assumptions or be rash about anything just yet.

EDIT:
Dr Shaneman wrote:If people are requesting them then that's why. If you request 5 Sonic games in a row they'll play. RadioSEGA doesn't have tagged requesting as it should, so songs that play are only limited by the same game and track.
You know, i remember when we had the tag-request rule. I just assumed the rule was modified at some point during my absence.
I wasn't going to return until I had something worthwhile to share sooooo....Image
Klaimen
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Klaimen »

I feel a bit responsible and think I should clarify what's going on. Some of us have been pretty keen on Puyo lately, and for some reason, we declared this week to be "RequestPuyoOnRadioSEGA" week. I didn't see much of a problem in that until someone complained now. So, indeed we were just seeking to push lots of Puyo tracks into the next Top40 show, and also into the Top10 slots.

We're pretty much abusing the current system, I know, and if anyone feels offended, I'm sorry. We were just having fun, and didn't want to annoy anyone with this, really. Of course, if you have no idea what's going on, I can see this being quite a bit annoying. :P You have to take in account, I believe several Puyo tracks and the games themselves are among favorites in the RS community.

If anyone of the admins has a problem with this and wants us to stop this immediately, I have no problem with that. Personally though, I believe this is only a one-time event. We would've gone back to the normal, healthy, amount of Puyo requesting when the next Top40 show set is fixed on Saturday night, anyhow.

That's just my 2 cents here! (seriously, we just want to see KC rock the Nananana-Puyo house next Monday night!!) XD
----Always look beyond your eyes with your song----
Visit my website: Ecco the Dolphin: Caverns of Hope
billiesan
Level 1
Level 1

Post by billiesan »

Ok, well that explains it. I am really sorry if I caused any trouble. I listen to Radiosega all day, pretty much everyday at work. Its just come to the point now where I never want to play or listen to puyo puyo ever again. ;)
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

However more restrictive limits can be enforced, I don't think they're needed unless this sort of thing happens often, which it usually doesn't. We all just need to use common sense while using RadioSEGA's request system.

Of course, Puyo fans are crazy (looking at you Klaimen!) but I don't see this happening in the coming weeks. :P

Thanks billiesan for bringing this to our attention though. We don't want anyone to stop enjoying the 24/7 stream for reasons like this. :)
billiesan
Level 1
Level 1

Post by billiesan »

Thanks for replying guys. I was just worried somebody was trolling the site. I love all shows and keep up the good work!
Klaimen
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Klaimen »

Cool, that relieves me, billiesan. Sorry about the confusion! X) BTW, Puyo will never be trolling. If it was the Gamegear Ecco soundtracks constantly playing (Or even worse, the GBA soundtrack), now that would have to be trolling, but not Puyo! XD

KC, I nowhere near half as crazy as you, but thank you. It's well appreciated! XD
----Always look beyond your eyes with your song----
Visit my website: Ecco the Dolphin: Caverns of Hope