What do we work as?

What it says on the tin...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Not really a 'JOb' but I have an Internship with Eon Reality that specialize with Virtual Reality, 3D Modelling etc

Start on 1st September, looking forward to it
Chukapi
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Chukapi »

I'm a professional face painter (been doing so for 7 years now) and, having just graduated from Uni after studying English, I'm now also working as a freelance writer for a local Leeds magazine called Covered. Totally steady income! /sarcasm :P

Edit: Remembered getting to do this at one event.Definitely not the best face I've done; pretty low quality by my standards. But it made me happy that a child actually asked for something game-related!
The attachment IMG_4441.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
IMG_4441.jpg
Atrias
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Atrias »

Lots of techies here, no surprise I suppose?!

I'm IT Manager (though working solo) for an international association, running everything from their website, social media and digital marketing to App design, printing, publishing, network and infrastructure maintenance and general day to day IT support... fun all round and plenty of time to listen to RadioSEGA!
Faster than the speed of sound, sneaker wearing, chilli dog eating hedgehog with a penchant for industrial scale vandalism, animal activism and jewellery theft. Seems legit.

Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Gonic wrote:Not really a 'JOb' but I have an Internship with Eon Reality that specialize with Virtual Reality, 3D Modelling etc

Start on 1st September, looking forward to it
An update on this...because this is an unpaid internship, I had to apply for Job Seekers allowance, but because I wont be available for work, there is a good chance I wont get it. Part time jobs arnt exactly easy to come across either, what am I expected to live on? :(
Atrias
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Atrias »

Ahh tough break Gonic... these new JSA rules are so stingy and awful... they claim they're trying to get people into work but they won't actually provide support for people who are actively doing their best to improve their prospects to enable them to get a job... Its as if they don't care about an educated, competent, skilled workforce as long as their unemployment levels are low - even if this requires every person to be employed in something so removed from their skill set and causing them stress and unhappiness!

Hope that the internship pays off and you get a job with them though man, sounds very interesting! :D
Faster than the speed of sound, sneaker wearing, chilli dog eating hedgehog with a penchant for industrial scale vandalism, animal activism and jewellery theft. Seems legit.

Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Since I finished uni I've been doing whatever odd jobs I can get, such as cutting down trees or writing up dossiers on Turkish real estate.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Chukapi wrote:Edit: Remembered getting to do this at one event.Definitely not the best face I've done; pretty low quality by my standards. But it made me happy that a child actually asked for something game-related![ATTACH=CONFIG]1399[/ATTACH]
I'm curious as to what the young girl saw that was so shocking.
Killer French Bread wrote:Since I finished uni I've been doing whatever odd jobs I can get, such as cutting down trees or writing up dossiers on Turkish real estate.
I await your next batch of tales, based on these activities.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

It's pretty boring sadly. I'm helping organise a conference for billionaire investors, which in theory is really good and something someone like me shouldn't be let anywhere near. But the reality is just doing dogs body work for chump change. Can't complain though, reading reports on Carrefour is still more interesting than scanning things on a checkout. And I do have a few other things in the pipeline, I'm meeting council officials in the next week or so about a project. Hopefully this next batch of tales can be found soon.

I did get attacked by a hedgehog last week. That's the only exciting things that's happened to me recently. I was trying to save it from a van and it curled into a ball. This was not good for either of us. I instantly received about a dozen puncture wounds to the hands and the hedgehog was instinctively hurled across the road. Luckily it was about 3am so no-body witnessed the site of a man walking around with bloodied arms outstretched like a zombie (I didn't want to get the blood in my new jacket!). Stupidly googled potential hedgehog diseases when I got back, and naturally the internet told me I was going to die of either salmonella or aids. Still here though, hanging in for now.
Tic Tac, sir?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Killer French Bread wrote: I did get attacked by a hedgehog last week. That's the only exciting things that's happened to me recently. I was trying to save it from a van and it curled into a ball. This was not good for either of us. I instantly received about a dozen puncture wounds to the hands and the hedgehog was instinctively hurled across the road. Luckily it was about 3am so no-body witnessed the site of a man walking around with bloodied arms outstretched like a zombie (I didn't want to get the blood in my new jacket!). Stupidly googled potential hedgehog diseases when I got back, and naturally the internet told me I was going to die of either salmonella or aids. Still here though, hanging in for now.
Lol. And to hear that on radiosega, now that's kinda Ironic if I'm not wrong.

I'm still on my final year of highschool, which I'm nearly done with btw. A few more months and I'm off to uni. That said, I do work casual at my local Maccas. It aint the best job and I don't work a lot but hey, it covers the bus fair. :P
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

It was a sign! Now I have skin peeling off my hands too! Bit worrying like.

What's maccas, is that australian for mcdonalds? I have worked in a similarly bad place (briefly). Spacks Direct aka Sports Direct. Left after a day of trying to hook fleeces onto the top shelf near the roof with a big pole. I'm not sure if I was supposed to be doing that as I was literally handed a tracksuit and pointed in the direction of the shop floor, whereupon any form of management was never to be seen again. But it was the most fun thing to do. I got a job somewhere else the next day, but I still have my trackies as a souvenir.
Tic Tac, sir?