Saturday Night SEGA

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

The MegaGig could be teasers for the specials!
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

So. In typical Gav fashion, here's an update on my show, a good 15 months after the last post.

If you've been listening to the show in the past couple of weeks, you'll have maybe heard me say once or twice that I've got an announcement lined up towards the end of this month. Whilst I'm not ready to share that announcement yet (you'll still get it at the end of the month, all being well), I do have another one that I wanted to share with you guys here, first, before I announce it on air:

At the end of the year, and this Season, I'm going to be stepping down as host of Saturday Night SEGA, and as a RadioSEGA DJ. For good.

Now, I know what you're all already thinking: "But Gav, you've said this twice before", and you're right. I have. But this time it's actually happening. My reasons for this are entirely personal, which to be honest was the exact same reason why I came back. Whilst I enjoy hosting SNS, and I've enjoyed it a lot more the second time around, I'm just not going to have the time from the New Year onwards. I'm on the verge of starting a new training course at work which is going to suck my time away, and I've also got to contend with the liklihood of moving house again next May.

Add onto this the fact that I'm now married and that having children is an event bound to occur at some point, and it's best to draw a line under the show at the end of the year, rather than having to stop mid-year, especially if we end up being near another milestone.

Don't be too sad though, there's still some massive shows coming up. There's still another 9 Request Roulette shows to come, I'm trying to think up some Battle Royale ideas for later on in the year, and a couple of other bits and bobs too. I'm also going to hit 250 episodes by late July/mid-August as well (depending on how shows fall, there might be a few gaps.)

SNS' run will culminate with the RadioSEGA Fan Choice Song of the Year 2016 on New Year's Eve, and after that, I'm going to go enjoy retirement...although I might still pop back for a show or two if we happen to do special events like WinterFest or SEGATHON.

Cheers all! I'll try and keep up to date with you guys more often from here on out. No promises though, you all should know by now how bad I've become at this XD
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Alas gavvie, we hardly knew ye.

I will try and catch some of the final shows.
Tic Tac, sir?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Yeah I remember you saying this twice before and was just waiting for the inevitable.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gav's a grown up now. Deal with it, kids.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:Gav's a grown up now. Deal with it, kids.
*sniff* They really do grow up so fast don't they?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

TheChaosBlue wrote:*sniff* They really do grow up so fast don't they?
Sunrise, sunset. Sunrise, sunset..