The "RadioSEGA needs THIS song!" topic

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Mick
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mick »

I've asked before on the forum and I know I mentioned this in the Discord server. Please add Tembo the Badass Elephant! We need our fix of Tembo music here. Thank you! LOL!
GabrielSomething
Level 1
Level 1

Post by GabrielSomething »

I think it would be pretty cool if the Sonic Xtreme conceptual music could be in RadioSega.

- - - Updated - - -
GabrielSomething wrote:I think it would be pretty cool if the Sonic Xtreme conceptual music could be in RadioSega.
Nevermind, i'm dumb. I forgot that Xtreme is with an "-".
Dave Long
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Dave Long »

Unless I can't find it, it looks like the GO SEGA - 60th ANNIVERSARY Album is not in the playlist. There's a bunch of repetition with available tracks, however the HIRO remastering of everything is pretty special IMO. Would be a cool add (and I have it if that helps...)
Nicolaas Hamman
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

Post by Nicolaas Hamman »

Dave Long wrote:Unless I can't find it, it looks like the GO SEGA - 60th ANNIVERSARY Album is not in the playlist. There's a bunch of repetition with available tracks, however the HIRO remastering of everything is pretty special IMO. Would be a cool add (and I have it if that helps...)
Yeah, the only tracks from GO SEGA represented on the playlist are those that were a first for the playlist, like from UFO CATCHER DX, DRAGON TREASURE and (until a recent replace) Wonderland Wars. I assume when you mention HIRO remastering, you're referring to the way all the music was designed to sound as if were recorded the same year the game released.

I don't think there's other instances of multiple masters being available for request (not counting mistakes we've made), so those retro tracks probably won't be added. Otherwise I would gladly add those and especially tracks from the G.S.M. albums. The closest I can think of is some Turbo Out Run songs in the OutRun2006 Coast 2 Coast folder that I added, but that's because how Turbo Out Run currently is on the playlist (taken from OutRun 20th Anniversary Box), the tracks are missing some instruments. I should probably just find an accurate game rip and add that.
Staff for VGMdb
Admin for 140 Seconds VGM
Editor for SEGA RETRO
Owner of SEGA MUSIC EVERYDAY

"If there's something about video game music that Nicolaas Hamman doesn't know, it probably isn't worth knowing" - ResidentSD.
Dave Long
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Dave Long »

OK. I see what you're saying. My understanding of the GO SEGA 60th album is that Hiro himself went back and pulled all this stuff and then remastered it himself. This was a massive undertaking for the 60th Anniversary. It's likely that you wouldn't notice too much the difference between the originals and what he remastered, but listening to it from the original CDs, it's pretty damn impressive. Given there are 108 tracks, it's a lot to go through and see what might be missing from the catalog.

Anyway, even if it doesn't get added, I highly recommend checking it out yourself because it is sensational sounding to my ears and I've listened to this stuff from the original releases of the games, OSTs, and on Radio Sega for years and it still floored me how good it is.
aresef
Level 1
Level 1
Preferred pronouns: he/him

Post by aresef »

I have the Sonic Adventure Music Experience CDs, having picked them up at MAGFest a few years ago. It doesn’t look like those are here on RadioSEGA. Any interest?
Nicolaas Hamman
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

Post by Nicolaas Hamman »

aresef wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:08 pm I have the Sonic Adventure Music Experience CDs, having picked them up at MAGFest a few years ago. It doesn’t look like those are here on RadioSEGA. Any interest?
Well, I'd say so, but then again you've already gotten my well wishes on it, so you won't be surprised to hear me interested.
Staff for VGMdb
Admin for 140 Seconds VGM
Editor for SEGA RETRO
Owner of SEGA MUSIC EVERYDAY

"If there's something about video game music that Nicolaas Hamman doesn't know, it probably isn't worth knowing" - ResidentSD.