A question for house of the dead

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
sega_lover2009
Level 1
Level 1

A question for house of the dead

Post by sega_lover2009 »

Hello everyone, recently while playing the HOTD games I've noticed something. Do people in the game get infected by the zombies or not? I ask this because there are a lot of the same enemies that you shoot but there are bosses that have human clothing specifically designed to them. If anyone could answer me then that would be great. Thanks
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I don't know the answer personally. You would have to do your own research and look up HOTD lore. At the very least, you're in the wrong forum if you want to know that.
king0512
Level 2
Level 2

Post by king0512 »

I'm not sure they ever really make it clear how the zombies came to be. (Traditional infection methods or something completely different). They don't seem to really mention it in game (Played 2, 3 and Overkill all the way through)
If I were insane... would I know it?
baronhaus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by baronhaus »

Like others have said, I don't think it has ever definitively been said if you can get infected from a bite or if it has to be an injection. In HOTD: Overkill, we do see Varla's brother coming up with the original serum that causes zombiism and mutations, but it's not clear how the epidemic spread from there -- if they were injecting corpses, or if those are people who got bitten and infected. In the original HOTD's ending, we also see that Sophie has been changed into a zombie, but it's not clear if that was a side effect of her experiences in the House or if Dr. Curien experimented on her while the player character wasn't looking. Bottom line, though, I suspect it's not spreadable by bites. The only reason I say that is that I get the #%&#& bitten out of my character every time I play the game, yet he's not shambling around. LOL
claradsmith
Level 1
Level 1

Post by claradsmith »

I never thought about it, but I want to take a look at it for you, I'll write when I get the answer.
johnpaul21
Level 1
Level 1

Post by johnpaul21 »

The house of dead franchise has been around since 1996 but still gets better with every release. House of the dead is a rail shooter arcade game franchise created by Sega. House of Dead 2 was released in late 1998 and was also ported to the Dreamcast. House of the dead is a zombie series. You are facing off against hordes of zombies. If you enjoy zombie based games and want to give them a try, then this franchise is for you.