Still Dead, Huh?

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
MTails
Level 9
Level 9

Post by MTails »

After all this time, RS still chugging along. Put me under the "slightly old lurker" camp. So many lurker memories... Out of all the old bookmarks I have, this is the only site that's still up. It's a miracle I still remember my password.
Nostalgia hitting me pretty hard.

Is the ol' IRC still up?
Click to reveal
If you can see me, welcome to the HB Club: RadioSEGA Branch! Take a seat, and hopefully you'll be released soon. Or maybe you'll rot here forever, who knows?
RetroBob
Level 5
Level 5
Preferred pronouns: That bellend

Post by RetroBob »

Not sure but everyone is on the Discord now in place of IRC.
Sergadra
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Sergadra »

MTails wrote:After all this time, RS still chugging along. Put me under the "slightly old lurker" camp. So many lurker memories... Out of all the old bookmarks I have, this is the only site that's still up. It's a miracle I still remember my password.
Nostalgia hitting me pretty hard.

Is the ol' IRC still up?
The IRC is still up. The people would be happy to see you even though it's really quiet nowadays.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

[YouTube]RZ2oXzrnti4[/YouTube]
Ace_Croft
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Ace_Croft »

My opinion on this topic has changed a lot since I originally posted in 2017 lmao. I mainly can't be bothered as much due to work commitments and having the effort to post anything worthwhile to 3/4 people + bots reading the forum.
the quality of the website has gone stale with it rarely updated
This is still rings true but I know stuff is in the works at least XD
Essay over, I feel like my points still won't be heard and fall on deaf ears but that's how I feel right now.
A lot of points were heard but i've changed my outlook a tad bit in terms of IRC/Forums though because I rarely use them now due to not wanting to dedicate the time anymore. Funny how a few years really change ey. I got old :ohmy: .

[video=youtube;LyKti432Dis]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyKti432Dis[/video]
With it being a "Ghost Town". Sure it's a Ghost Town but many of us really don't have the time anymore for us oldbies and the upcoming crop of RS users would rather use other means of communication and sure we could advertise it via social media/discord bot with it's own dedicated channel where posts can pop up and users can read them/take part in but it's something we have to move on with at this point if nothing is going to change on that front, rather than be bitter about it almost 3 years later down the line.
Come follow my ramblings on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/Ace_Croft
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Still doko, huh? :decide:
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I guess so!
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

All things must pass
Tic Tac, sir?
Xhojn
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Xhojn »

I think forums overall are having this problem. I use Discord and it's good for wanting ongoing quick back and forth conversations but from my experience it's terrible for archival and wanting to find posts after the fact. Yeah you can search on the server but as far as I'm aware they don't appear in search engines. As I've been learning about romhacking finding old posts have been instrumental. Granted you can ask questions on Discord but the people who know the answer may be long gone. Just my two cents, I think forums are great for what they are but I get that without the people talking than they are going to turn into ghost towns. I've signed up here and Sega-16 to try and contribute to keeping them alive.