What was your first Sonic game?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
hoppes
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hoppes »

first off hello everyone I am newbie here.

My first Sonic game was: Sonic the hedgehog and after playing that I almost played its all variants.

But now I miss that days and also configuring to know, how we play old SEGA games on our new technology (Android/iPhone) Devices without using emulator. :(
shynux
Level 1
Level 1
Preferred pronouns: it/its

Post by shynux »

my first sonic game was sonic rush!! the first time i played it i was having areally hard time with it, because i died sooo often. In the end I even 100%ed though lol. Since then I followed Sonic around in game magazines and wanted to play the sonic wii games so bad. (but i didn't have a wii back then). I played them all last year and got to play others too now!! (I love sonic colours and sonic forces...)
hoppes wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:10 am But now I miss that days and also configuring to know, how we play old SEGA games on our new technology (Android/iPhone) Devices without using emulator. :(
hi hoppes!!
what don't you like about emulation? to me it feels like i'm installing a little machine into another machine :3
"I believe that if you don't forget the sadness of this moment, we'll always be... together.
Okay?"
milesedger
Level 1
Level 1

Post by milesedger »

PTKickass wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:27 pm So, what was your first Sonic game?mini militia pc Did you like it? What are your opinions on it?
Mine was Sonic Heroes. IMO, it's not as bad as people make it be. It's an experiment that Sonic Team made, and it was... interesting.
My first sonic game was "sonic hedgehog" and I miss those days a lot, and also trying to find a way to play Sonic series again on my mobile.
AcryBristle
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AcryBristle »

PTKickass wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:27 pm So, what was your first Sonic game? Did you like it? What are your opinions on it?
Mine was Sonic Heroes. IMO, it's not as bad as people make it be. It's an experiment that Sonic Team made, and it was... interesting.
My first experience with Sonic was playing Sonic Heroes at a friend's place, found it pretty fun for the time i could play it!
But MY first Sonic game was Sonic Adventure!
Yes, it was the DX version, nowadays i have my issues with that version of that game now that i've played the Dreamcast and BetterSADX versions, but it still holds a special place in me because that experience changed my perspective entirely.

Mind you, at the time i was a hardcore Nintendo girl! I heard about the Console War in the 90's and i was a dumb little kid so i had a big bias for Nintendo stuff, but after playing that game i just felt like i got so much more out of it than any other game i've played up till then, really made me connect with the characters and admire the world they inhabit, it was crazy!

After playing that i've been hooked ever since and i've indulged myself in not only Sonic but i adore that cool yet fantastically over the top vibe many Sega games have!
Hayato3D
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Hayato3D »

AcryBristle wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:28 pm but i adore that cool yet fantastically over the top vibe many Sega games have!
Hah, so true. I've always loved Sega games for that same reason!

For me, my first sonic game was the original on Sega Genesis back in the 90s. I still can remember it, a cousin of mine had it and when I would come over I would spend hours playing it. Instantly fell in love with it, and the rest is history as they say. After that I would play it and other sonic games at friend's houses as well. A little later on I got my first Sega console of my own when it came out, a Sega Saturn. I remember the first sonic game I had on that was Sonic 3D Blast. Still awesome music in that game to this day!

When I was a kid, my friend and I would draw sonic comics together back in elementary school in class all the time. Also makes me think of watching the sonic the hedgehog cartoon and then later on sonic underground before school as I ate breakfast, haha. Ahhh, good memories.
kikenovic
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kikenovic »

Sonic 1 on Genesis. That game was the reason why I got a Genesis and not a SNES for Christmas 1991. Been a fan ever since.
Lumanare
Level 1
Level 1
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Lumanare »

My first Sonic game was the original Sonic 1 on Genesis!
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

Sonic the Hedgehog on the Game Gear. I fell in love with it not even knowing how superior the Genesis version was. I remember so many road trips playing my Game Gear! Great memories!
jdollatari
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jdollatari »

sonic 2 on my genesis 3 bought at kb toys good times
aresef
Level 1
Level 1
Preferred pronouns: he/him

Post by aresef »

I'm pretty sure Sonic 2 was my first game of any kind. I believe it came with my Genesis.