Choosing VR headset

What it says on the tin...
lurenwu
Level 1
Level 1

Choosing VR headset

Post by lurenwu »

Hi all, I was planning to buy a VR headset, preferably under $700..800. Meta Quest 2 is nice but costs too much.... any ideas please?

P.S. or Oculus Rift S
Mick
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mick »

I'd say wait a few decades for a VR headset. Why? IMO, virtual headsets aren't perfected yet. This technology is still in its infancy (despite the fact it's been around for a good few years). However, if you wanna get one this decade, maybe wait a while for them to drop in price at least. I have no clue. I only played with the Nintendo Virtual Boy years ago, back when it was new. I thought it was quite bad and gave me a headache quite quickly. I know virtual reality technology has improved since then, but still like I said it hasn't been perfected and the technology is still in its infancy.
Last edited by Mick on Tue May 30, 2023 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RetroDanny86
Level 1
Level 1

Post by RetroDanny86 »

I got the oculus quest 2, about a year or so ago. It’s pretty good, but they do go a bit faulty. I’ve had a few issues with earphones and also sometimes the menu doesn’t pop up when using it, but other than that it’s good. I would say if you want one wait a little longer as they surely will drop in price soon I reckon. =)
Virtua
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Virtua »

Surprised no one mentioned PSVR2 (if you have a PS5 already, it’s a no brainer. Comparable specs to the best VR headsets currently available, and very easy ‘plug and play’ functionality)
corinechavis
Level 1
Level 1

Post by corinechavis »

Meta Quest 2. It's affordable and capable of quite a lot for that price
jdollatari
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jdollatari »

Went in 50/50 with my little bro on a meta quest 2 I still kinda want psvr2 also