Your recent gaming purchases

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Gots Gurumin 3D: A Monstrous Adventure last week.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Twinny wrote:Gots Gurumin 3D: A Monstrous Adventure last week.
The new 3DS release? How is it?
supershadow01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by supershadow01 »

Hmm...my last purchase was a used copy of Shadow the Hedgehog for the Xbox. I played through all the endings and the last story, and despite some moments of frustration, I can say that I enjoyed it. The regular mechanics were janky at times (leading to my frustration) but the gun mechanics were easy and fun to use. Not the best game by any means, but I still enjoy it as a sort-of "guilty pleasure" game.
"If the world chooses to become my enemy...I will fight like I always have!" -Shadow, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Pokemon Sun and Moon. The former for my brother and the latter for myself.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Pokemon Sun and Moon. The former for my brother and the latter for myself.

What he said.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Noddy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Noddy »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Pokemon Sun and Moon. The former regular Proextender user for my brother and the latter for myself.
Is it any good? I haven't played Pokemon since Pokemon red.
Protobustersword
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Protobustersword »

Brought Chrono Trigger, SMB 3, and Streets of Rage on the Virtual Console (Wii).
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Brought that Uncharted 4 PS4 bundle Thanksgiving weekend. Cones with TLOU Remastered and Ratchet and Clank.
doan2300
Level 1
Level 1

Post by doan2300 »

My most recent game purchase was Sonic 1, Game Gear version on 3DS. I also purchased Gurumin 3D on the 3DS recently, as well as Xanadu Next on gog.com, and my copy of Trails of Cold Steel 2 came. All the Falcom! *am squeeing Falcom fangirl*
supersega
Level 6
Level 6

Post by supersega »

Bought a Mega CD. Modle 1, Japanese, no power. That's whatever, easy enough. $25 at Grainger gives me a glass fuse, holder, and region switch for Genesis. Installed region switch, a bit of shield modding but works great. Solder up the fuse (sloppy-ish trying not to heat up the diode next to it, but connected) and.... nothing. What? Clean EDGE connector, still same. Sometimes if I turn it on (1 in 50 chance) the lights flash on front, but that's all. Press "RESET" when its connected to the Genesis and the screen changes color from black to white, red, or blue.

Ordered some caps for the power board just a bit ago. Looking at the mainboard, I see hell; RUST under most of the contacts and on the PCB, leaky SMD caps, and board corrosion thanks to it... off to a professional somewhere on Assembler it goes after I try recapping the power board. Or a friend of mine, he's confident he can fix it. I doubt it, because it looks like some of the traces need to be re-done.

Really opens your eyes that these units are under everything, 20+ year old consumer electronics that were not built to last this long... looks like its time to do some work to my other consoles. Recap is in order for the X'Eye, NGCD, Saturn, and both Genesises I guess. Lot of work. :(
Collection; Neo Geo CD, JVC X'Eye, Model 1 Genesis, Model 2 Genesis, 2 Japanese Saturns, 2 Game Gears in a few thousand pieces, 5 or 8 PS1s (don't judge), 1 PS1 DTL (TOOL, NOT a Yaroze), 1 Gamecube, 1 Wii, 1 Xbox 360, 2 Gameboy Advances, 1 3DS, 1 PS2 TEST that WORKS!!!

Do I have a console addiction?