Your recent "other" purchases

What it says on the tin...
supershadow01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by supershadow01 »

Lucsian wrote:I bought a (rather) snazzy tweed jacket off of Amazon, & a Sherlock Holmes style hat to match. I also got a replica of The Sixth Doctor's multi-colored frock, minus the cat pin, & a lot of Silver Age Marvel & DC comics.
That sounds really cool. I don't think I would look very good in Six's frock myself; I'm more into dark clothing anyway. I've recently gotten into old United States currency and have bought several silver certificates, one that goes back to 1932. I enjoy learning about history and collecting antique things, especially the 1800s to about the 1950s.
"If the world chooses to become my enemy...I will fight like I always have!" -Shadow, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
DarkAura64
Level 1
Level 1

Post by DarkAura64 »

I managed to get my hand on R.O.B. and all the parts along with him, plus Gyromite.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/JisrtrVotio[/youtube]

It went exactly as well as you may have expected.
littlered615
Level 1
Level 1

Post by littlered615 »

I have recently bought all of the SEGA Classic packs for Steam on Amazon and having a ton of fun with it.
Littlered615 Media Network: http://littlered615media.net/ | Twitter (@lm615cast) | Facebook (lm615cast)
IRC: irc.randomsonicnet.org #Littlered615Media
Discord: https://discord.gg/HfgpGnn
drive16bit
Level 2
Level 2

Post by drive16bit »

I ordered 5l motor oil for my car and it has been delivered today. On my way home after work i stopped by a grocery store and got something to drink. (Energy drinks included - they have the best cheap ones in 1,5l bottles)
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

Found "Mrs. Doubtfire" and "Sorceror and the White Snake" on Bluray ^_^
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

So yesterday I went to Maccas (Mc Donald's for all you non-Ozies) and gave their new "Create Your Taste" a try. I'm sure most of you would have seen a video or two of people going and trying it out. It's their new system where they're trying to be more "restaurant" like and more top quality. So you go to these touch machines and create your own burger from a bunch of choices of ingredients and they'll make it really neatly and bring it to you on a wooden plate and all the works. It's been out in Europe and America for a while I believe but it just started in Australia.

I ordered mine and I have to admit, it looked really nice. Like legit it looked like what you'd see in those ads and it tasted really good too. You can still get their regular junk food but this stuff is like the "premium" stuff and it's more pricey. Of course I thought this was all kind of still BS and half the extra cost was just because it was on a fancy dish but I actually work at Maccas as a grill boy so when I went to work that same day, I can safely say I was actually surprised to see that the kitchen had it's own little area specifically for this new system. The people who made THOSE burgers were different from us, wearing black uniforms and looking neat and tidy. They're entire job is to make those burgers. They got nothing to do with the rest of the kitchen that makes the regular menu. They had their own, CLEAN GRILL(and I'm surprised to say this) as well as clean new cooking gear. Like the regular scraper has greasy plastic handles but their handles were proper wooden handles and shiny stainless steel. They would make the meat on the spot when it got ordered and unlike our grills that would press onto the meat on both sides and cook it in 1 minute in black grease, these guys slowly cooked their meet on a different grill, then flip it and while that other side is burning put a slice of cheese on the meat so it melts while it cooks. I mean this stuff was unreal for MC DONALD's. I was actually legit surprised on the quality. Though who knows they might just be doing this at the start and start making it crappier as time goes by. Eitherway, I'm gonna make the most of these right now cause they're absolutely awesome and with a 20% off employee discount, looks like I'm gonna be getting fat.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Interesting. But I must ask, what the smeg is this 'black grease' you mention?!
Tic Tac, sir?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Quills on Wheels wrote:So yesterday I went to Maccas (Mc Donald's for all you non-Ozies) and gave their new "Create Your Taste" a try. I'm sure most of you would have seen a video or two of people going and trying it out. It's their new system where they're trying to be more "restaurant" like and more top quality. So you go to these touch machines and create your own burger from a bunch of choices of ingredients and they'll make it really neatly and bring it to you on a wooden plate and all the works. It's been out in Europe and America for a while I believe but it just started in Australia.

I ordered mine and I have to admit, it looked really nice. Like legit it looked like what you'd see in those ads and it tasted really good too. You can still get their regular junk food but this stuff is like the "premium" stuff and it's more pricey. Of course I thought this was all kind of still BS and half the extra cost was just because it was on a fancy dish but I actually work at Maccas as a grill boy so when I went to work that same day, I can safely say I was actually surprised to see that the kitchen had it's own little area specifically for this new system. The people who made THOSE burgers were different from us, wearing black uniforms and looking neat and tidy. They're entire job is to make those burgers. They got nothing to do with the rest of the kitchen that makes the regular menu. They had their own, CLEAN GRILL(and I'm surprised to say this) as well as clean new cooking gear. Like the regular scraper has greasy plastic handles but their handles were proper wooden handles and shiny stainless steel. They would make the meat on the spot when it got ordered and unlike our grills that would press onto the meat on both sides and cook it in 1 minute in black grease, these guys slowly cooked their meet on a different grill, then flip it and while that other side is burning put a slice of cheese on the meat so it melts while it cooks. I mean this stuff was unreal for MC DONALD's. I was actually legit surprised on the quality. Though who knows they might just be doing this at the start and start making it crappier as time goes by. Eitherway, I'm gonna make the most of these right now cause they're absolutely awesome and with a 20% off employee discount, looks like I'm gonna be getting fat.
...Uh, where exactly in America?

Because I wanna try the hell outta this.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Interesting that you say Europe, because I don't think any of the McDonalds in England do anything remotely close to that. The closest we got was a marketing campaign where you could suggest burgers to the UK marketing team, and then they created the best four or five and sold them as limited edition offers.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

TheChaosBlue wrote:...Uh, where exactly in America?

Because I wanna try the hell outta this.
Gavvie wrote:Interesting that you say Europe, because I don't think any of the McDonalds in England do anything remotely close to that. The closest we got was a marketing campaign where you could suggest burgers to the UK marketing team, and then they created the best four or five and sold them as limited edition offers.
Yeah I'm sure it's been happening in Both Europe and America. You can see videos of both American and European people going to their respective Mc Donalds; and trying it out. I'm going to assume though that the number of participating stores is still small and it's not too noticeable around your places.

Killer French Bread wrote:Interesting. But I must ask, what the smeg is this 'black grease' you mention?!
Oh, you know... when you like take the meat patties of the grill but some pieces stay and you don't clean it up so it burns to ashes and kind of mixes with the half day old grease that's been there?
Generally it's not a very pleasant sight.

To be fair though, this is more of a problem with the employees rather than Maccas themselves. They do have rules regarding grill cleaning like cleaning it every 1-2 hours or something if I recall, but generally nobody gives a crap in the workplace, not even the managers. So with nobody really enforcing such rules, some people who are just there for the money alone might not bother cleaning their grills for hours after hours. There have been days where I've began work after someone else and I open the grills to be greeted to the filthiest sight.

Thankfully I can be proud of not being one of them as I generally try to keep things clean and stick with the rules. But I'm often mocked for "trying too hard". Ah well.