Anime & Manga Discussion

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Mikhail24RD
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Mikhail24RD »

Going to watch Hi sCoool SeHa Girls today. The reason: just curious.
Rolling Start!!!! :segasports:
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I heard the Attack on Titan movie was shit. Anyone seen it themselves?
No, but I am curious enough to see it.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

It's apparently in theaters right now
TheChaosBlue wrote:No, but I am curious enough to see it.
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

This doesn't technically count as anime but I did start watching the RWBY series. I think it was that Death Battle recently that got me into it...

Wasn't a big fan of the animation and voice acting at first but I think it grew on me. Really enjoying it. Not everyone's cup of tea but it works.

I did some research on it shorty after though and found out that the creator died this year... may he rest in peace. But damn I feel bummed out about that. Kinda turns me off because he was the animator so without him, the fighting scenes won't be as good and surely the story will also have to be rewritten by someone else? I'd hate to see it get canned...
Buta
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Buta »

Alpha Dog 1996 wrote:Has anyone else seen DBZ: Resurrection F? I did and it's AMAZING!
Booked my tickets in advance, went to the closest cinema showing it (in an Odeon at least 2 hours away), and they didn't show it in the end due to their own error. -_- I was not amused.

Glad to hear it was amazing though. I hope to pick up the home release since a cinema blew my only chance of seeing it in cinema. :)
Buta
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Buta »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I heard the Attack on Titan movie was shit. Anyone seen it themselves?
Haven't seen it but after really enjoying the anime, I am curious of it. Maybe I'll pass on it if it's that bad.
Alpha Dog 1996 wrote:Has anyone else seen DBZ: Resurrection F? I did and it's AMAZING!
Tried to. Got to closest cinema that was 2 hours away and they failed to show it due to cinema staff error. I was not amused, especially when it required a special trip to get to a location showing it.

Just following on from the Deathnote discussion that was directed here, my bad, I only own the first two films... Wasn't aware that L's last days had its own film too. On that note (haha), I picked up the book about the Los Angeles BB Murder Cases, and the book called L: Change the World, which I'll be reading soon. Hopefully reading that L book will save me bothering with the films.

I've also started watching the new live action TV drama of Deathnote on Crunchyroll. It's really good imo; worth checking out despite its differences to the anime/manga! :)

Speaking of death stuff too, I also picked up another couple of books of The Drifting Classroom manga. Does any one else like this classic?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I've got the third Death Note movie on DVD, and it's pretty good, although the subtitles go a bit dodgy. There's one bit where L starts speaking English, and if you're watching it subbed (as you should!), it's the only part in the movie with no subtitles. I've watched it two or three times on different machines and it's the same each time.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I highly recommend watching the movie. Despite it being live action like I know plenty of people don't like, it's really well done. (Of course the first 20 or so minutes tie in with the regular story line) I think it is good that L got his own movie since he is the fan favorite (including mine, hence all the cosplays of him I've done and plan to do). I had also bought and read the Death Note: Another Note Los Angelos BB Murder Case and it's INCREDIBLE!!! I love all the plots twists!
Buta wrote:Haven't seen it but after really enjoying the anime, I am curious of it. Maybe I'll pass on it if it's that bad.

Tried to. Got to closest cinema that was 2 hours away and they failed to show it due to cinema staff error. I was not amused, especially when it required a special trip to get to a location showing it.

Just following on from the Deathnote discussion that was directed here, my bad, I only own the first two films... Wasn't aware that L's last days had its own film too. On that note (haha), I picked up the book about the Los Angeles BB Murder Cases, and the book called L: Change the World, which I'll be reading soon. Hopefully reading that L book will save me bothering with the films.

I've also started watching the new live action TV drama of Deathnote on Crunchyroll. It's really good imo; worth checking out despite its differences to the anime/manga! :)

Speaking of death stuff too, I also picked up another couple of books of The Drifting Classroom manga. Does any one else like this classic?
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I love that movie! I didn't know he spoke English at one point! Now I'm interested!
Gavvie wrote:I've got the third Death Note movie on DVD, and it's pretty good, although the subtitles go a bit dodgy. There's one bit where L starts speaking English, and if you're watching it subbed (as you should!), it's the only part in the movie with no subtitles. I've watched it two or three times on different machines and it's the same each time.

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I've been following One Punch man as well if anyone else has heard about it. I like it, I really do. But something about it doesn't tickle me in the right place. Maybe its because the main characters gets less screen time than some of the other side characters. Like I get it, it's a parody and I totally get it and love every joke they throw at it. But parody or not, I would have loved seeing some more character development on the main character.
Also for a show that prides itself at making fun of common anime/superhero stereotypes, the main character's personality is as generic as ever. Once again we have another overpowered character who is dumb as f*ck.