Gaming Bargains!

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
dab_dob
Level 6
Level 6

Post by dab_dob »

Looks nice .. thank you
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

The orginal Rayman game (with a bunch of other Ubisoft games) is 40% off to celebrate there 25th birthday on PSN.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Sooo, a friend of mine went to the thrift store and found an NES for $2 about 9 months ago. It came with the AC adaptor, the RF switch, 2 controllers, and Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. Pretty basic...but $2!

Why am I posting this? Well, a couple days ago when I was checking the mail, I got a mysterious package addressed to me. I open it up and sure enough, that's what was in it. I asked him how much it was to ship and he just said "Don't worry about it, it's cool" so uh..Free NES! Can't get a better bargain than free. He did say though he never tested it and neither did the people at the thrift store he got it from. So naturally, I was the first to test it and the thing works flawlessly. No damage other than a little yellowing on the dust door (which..technically isn't damage) and it powers up the game the first try every time. No common 72-pin connector or 10NES issues.

Just for the hell of it, I decided to hook it up to the 52 inch plasma in the livingroom to see how it looked. Surprisingly, not too bad. (I was using AV by the way)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I don't think I played on a NES since I got my PS1 and me and my brother decided to hack the old, and supposedly now redundant, NES apart to see what it looked like inside. Must have been about 1997.
Tic Tac, sir?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

If it wasn't for AVCon last year, I wouldn't have even touched a NES.

I don't think that's a good thing in other people's eyes though...
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

So how's over $100 worth of stuff for only $10 sound?

Got a Sega 32X, Sega Genesis Model 2, both with all the necessary hookups, 2 controllers, and 7 32x games. For $10.

In the US, a 32X with the hookups is about $55 and a Gen Model 2 is $35 with the hookups. A couple of the games I have are worth about $10+ as well. o_o I think I did good.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:So how's over $100 worth of stuff for only $10 sound?

Got a Sega 32X, Sega Genesis Model 2, both with all the necessary hookups, 2 controllers, and 7 32x games. For $10.

In the US, a 32X with the hookups is about $55 and a Gen Model 2 is $35 with the hookups. A couple of the games I have are worth about $10+ as well. o_o I think I did good.
Okay, I need to see if there's any NYC flea markets....I'm incited now XD

....ITS GAME TIME!
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

:D Bwahaha. Once I get ahold of the Genesis Model 1 patch cable, I'm gonna sell the model 2, and I'll also be selling a couple games. EASILY make my $10 back and then more.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Mr. Stomp knows how to make business. :P
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Indeed he does :p

And that completes my Sega Clusterfuck.