Books!

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
ozzypt
Level 10
Level 10

Post by ozzypt »

Not really a book person but i fisnished reading The Hobbit a week ago.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I while ago I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It was a nice book. I figured I'd read the sequels but I just haven't been able to find them in my library.

I was thinking of watching the movies... but meh.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I while ago I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It was a nice book. I figured I'd read the sequels but I just haven't been able to find them in my library.

I was thinking of watching the movies... but meh.
I haven't read the books myself, but I did watch the movie version of the first book (the US version of it, that is) Would you recommend the books though? I'm a bit curious about them.

The last thing I read was a little something I found online called Akumu Love Panic! There's only like, eight chapters up, but I quite enjoyed it. It's a horror/romance, I guess... Kinda strange though. And I wouldn't recommend it unless you're comfortable with lesbian relationships. It can also be really graphic at some points.

I haven't read an actual book in freakin' forever though.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

huntergemini wrote:I haven't read the books myself, but I did watch the movie version of the first book (the US version of it, that is) Would you recommend the books though? I'm a bit curious about them.
I haven't watched any of the Movies so I don't know whether the books are exactly the same as the movie or have little in common. I personally enjoyed the book. I was hooked to it in many occasions throughout it, though it certainly doesn't mind swearing or having sexual content in every chapter(or at least, most of them.).

All throughout it was a good book though. It'll take a while to finish depending on how fast of a reader you are but it's not a bad book. It was mysterious, romantic (my favorite! XP), and quite dramatic and action at times. If you don't mind reading something you already know, I'd tell you to give it a go.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

I really need to pick up those fantasy novels I have lying around...

And I also need to start working on my own story. :/
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

So, I finished Rivers of London by Ben Aaronvitch a few days ago.

It was good. I plan on reading the sequel.
Chukapi
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Chukapi »

Not sure how many other people here will have read it, but I'll share my thoughts about my most recent read: Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden.

It's...hmm. It's a funny one. It's a good read, or it must have been because it kept my attention to the end. But about 3/4 of the way through, the plot becomes very contrived. The idea behind the novel is that the reader is tricked into thinking they're reading a true historic tale. It worked for a while on me, but then I began to notice that parts of the plot were just...too convenient. Characters started becoming unbelievable and that's when I began to question its legitimacy. But it's written pretty well! Definitely won't be going on my top 10 books anytime soon, though.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I am actually currently reading Death Note Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases, which is about L's case before the Kira investigation. I also am up to date with the Chronicles of Nick, which is about a kid who learns he is the son of the most powerful demon alive and he has to control his powers before they destroy the world.
Buta
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Buta »

I love books and particularly have a soft spot for comics. I also use an e reader.

Faves are many. To name a few:

Tramps Like Us
Gunsmith Cats
Chobits
Bakuman
Bone
Strangers In Paradise
Ring
Animals of Farthing Wood (particularly The Fox Cub Bold)
Blacksad
From a Buick 8
The Drifting Classroom
Jurassic Park
FAKE
Books of Blood
Love As A Foreign Language
(recently, quite a few) TMNT
Club 9
MAOH
Tripping Over You (KS)
O Human Star (KS)
P.S. I Love You
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime
Blue Monday (comic)
Demon Seed

I'll stop listing now lol. I am quite fond of horror, thriller, justice, adventure, etc stories. I can be found on Goodreads.
Gum
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Gum »

Just finished a re-read of 'The Help.' Really fond of that book. The pie scene will forever amuse me. :P
May possibly be a magical girl
https://twitter.com/SentientToast