Books!

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

My favorite type of books are Spy Kids. I like books which contains teenagers who are spies.
When I first came to Australia and my english was bad, I used to read the Zac Power series.
I have finished reading all the Alex Rider book series. The author, Anthony Horowitz, is quite a good writer and I also finished reading one of his other series, The Power of Five. I am just waiting for the next book.

I also don't mind Egyption books. Romous was quite a nice book and the new series from the author of Percy Jackson, the Kane choronicles is really nice. The first book, The Red Piramid, was really awsome and I really can't wait for the next book.

Curently, I am reading the CHERUB series, another spy book, and I am loving the book to bits! I love it so much! The book is so awsome! Currently I am on the 4th book, The Killing.

Ofcaures I also read graphic novels. The only graphic novels I read are Sonic The Hedgehog Archive comic and I finished the Archives volume six and I am waiting for Sonic Select 1 before I continue with Sonic Archives Volume 7.
MrEthernex
Level 10
Level 10

Post by MrEthernex »

I'm not much the reader type, but the kind of books I'll read are more of the sci-fi genre, but not "OMG A new planet with robots and crap ohohohoho."

Some books that I've enjoyed are 1984, A Clockwork Orange, Great Gatsby, and Catcher in the Rye. Currently, I'm rereading Fahrenheit 451 because I read it back in 10th grade, but didn't really understand it. "They're burning books...ok" was my initial response.
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

I read a few Star Wars books a few years back. But I don't read books anymore as I tend to get bored. So I feel more comfortable with a movie. It also takes less time :)
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Let's restart this conversation, as I'm sure we have more members here who enjoy reading :D

I'd love to get back into reading at some point - I've got a crapload of novels, autobiographies, manga and all sorts to get through. Problem is, I don't really have the time to just want to sit back and chill with a book. Shame really.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Mostly what I read are graphic novels and books on Martial Arts. Sin City and Watchmen are obvious picks. I've only just recently got into graphic novels though. And for Martial Arts, right now I'm reading alot of Bruce Lee's material.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
crush on sonic
Level 2
Level 2

Post by crush on sonic »

oh i dunno fics i guess...

I really like stuff like harry potter and narnia (favs: harry#4 & narn#2)

and of course i've had my fill of manga and anime (go pokemon & SonicX!)
i am not sonamy crazy
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Just read The Kite Runner in AP English class....though I have read the novel before....really powerful stuff in there...makes one think radically about one's interpretation of a place...

Eh...I'll add more when I get the chance...
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

miharbi_nami
Level 4
Level 4

Post by miharbi_nami »

I read The Kite Runner two years back. I really enjoyed it XD . I read all kinds of books except for autobiographies. Not really a big fan. I'm more into crime genre ^_^ James Patterson is my favourite author ever :biggrin: I'm currently reading Inheritance by Christopher Paolini, but I won't get to enjoy the book because I have to study for exams :mad:
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Ahh, the Kite Runner. I was gutted when they cut my favourite characters from the book from the film version - Mr and Mrs Nguyen.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I LOVE the Kite Runner! Easily a book I could pick up on reading again.

For another highschool-level book I've read, it Brave New World. I liked the twisted concept of utopia as descibed by Huxley.
Click to reveal